Hot Dog Racing Cars
- 3 large gherkins
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 sausages
- 4 hot dog buns (rolls)
- 8 leaves of Romana salad heart
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cutting board
- 1 TWINNY knife
- 8 long wooden skewers
- 1 kitchen scissors
- Cut off a large slice from each end of the gherkins with the TWINNY knife and the finger guard. Cut the remaining gherkins into 18 slices; slice two of them in half. Wash the cherry tomatoes and halve 8 pieces. Cut the wooden skewers in the middle with scissors. Put the whole cherry tomatoes on 4 skewers and place 1 end of each gherkin on top. Wash the salad leaves and drain them.
- Let an adult help you with this. Heat the sausages in a pot of water. Roast the hot dog buns from both sides on the top of the toaster or in the oven.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise, and spread ketchup on one side and mayonnaise on the other. Top the rolls with salad. Cut the hot sausages in half lengthways and place them on the underside. Place the upper halves of the rolls on top.
- Pierce a wooden skewer through the front and back of the buns. Put 1 slice of cucumber and half a cherry tomato on each. Push the skewers with the whole cherry tomato as the driver into the back third of the bun. Put in the halved cucumber in as the steering wheel. Eat the hot dogs directly so that the sausages are still warm.
If you don‘t have long wooden skewers, you can also use toothpicks.