MIYABI 4000 FC 24 cm Gyutoh
When holding a MIYABI 4000FC knife in your hand, you experience traditional artisan Japanese knife craftsmanship. Beauty and sharpness are the ideals to be attained with every kitchen knife - and these are also reflected with this Gyutoh, with a blade length of 240 mm. Its blade, which has been honed on both sides, turns it into the perfect instrument for cutting meat or preparing large vegetables. The robust FRIODUR blade is characterised by its high edge holding ability: The material used for this is FC61 steel that has undergone twofold ice-hardening. The high-quality special steel offers the best prerequisites for a particularly fine Katana-edge cut, as is known with the blades of Japanese swords. As such, the blade becomes very sharp and acquires a high edge holding ability – a sign of masterly artisan knife craftsmanship. The octagonally-formed handle and bolster do not only turn the MIYABI 4000FC into a stylish instrument, but also make it safe and comfortable. Optically, with the impregnated, dimensionally-stable Pakka wood handle, the mosaic pin also is an eye-catcher. It underscores the elegant character that characterises a Japanese chef’s knife like this one. All MIYABI knifes are manufactured in Seki, Japan. ZWILLING has its own manufacturing site there. This way, German engineering skill from Solingen and finest East-Asian craftsmanship are ideally united.
- Gyutoh: Chef’s knife with 240 mm blade length
- FRIODUR blade made of high-quality FC61-steel, with twofold ice-hardening
- Masterly Katana-edge cut, extremely sharp and with a high edge holding ability
- Comfortable, safe handling thanks to the octagonal handle and bolster
- Engraved MIYABI logo
- Octagonal pakka wood handle for comfortable grip with mosaic pin
- Made from a single layer of FC61 steel. Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 33951-241-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: FC61
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Pakka Wood
- Net weight: 0.20 kg
- Length of product: 38.60 cm
- Width of product: 1.90 cm
- Height of product: 5.30 cm
- Blade length: 24.00 cm
- Handle length: 13.50 cm
- Handle width: 1.90 cm
- Blade width: 0.10 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.10 cm
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.