Terms and Conditions
What should you consider when submitting a review?
Make sure that your review itself does not contain any personal information. Therefore, do not include your full name, email address, postal address, contact, account or credit card details or any other information that could be used to identify you in the review text itself. Furthermore, make sure that pictures and videos are clearly recognisable.
Please also note that it is not permitted to submit the following content:
- Untrue statements of fact,
- Criminal or otherwise illegal, defamatory, sexist, pornographic, discriminatory, racist, political, violent or youth-endangering content,
- Insults, disparagement, cynical remarks, unlawful threats or abusive criticism,
- Content without its own message content, e.g. pure mention of the product name without additional information, pure reference to previous reviews, sequences of numbers, meaningless sequences of letters or symbols,
- Ratings that show a big difference between the star rating and the content of the rating,
- Reviews whose content does not match the product page on which it was submitted,
- Promotional material, junk or mass emails or text messages ("spam"), chain letters, pyramid schemes or other advertising.
- Reviews containing computer viruses, worms or other potentially harmful programmes or files.
What do you assure us when you submit content to us and what are the consequences if you do not keep your assurances?
With respect to the ratings you provide, you warrant to us as follows:
- You are the sole author of the content.
- You give your review as a consumer.
- Your content does not violate any rights of third parties, in particular copyrights, trade secrets, patents and/or trademark rights, personal rights or data protection rights.
- You are at least eighteen (18) years old.
- You have not received any payment or other consideration from a third party for the review.
- In the event of a breach of these warranties, you will indemnify ZWILLING against all claims and demands of third parties arising therefrom as well as their damages and consequential damages, including reasonable costs of legal defence. You will also undertake to compensate ZWILLING for all damages incurred by us as a result of your breach of duty.
What happens after you submit a review?
Irrespective of this, we reserve the right - depending on the individual case - to escalate reviews within a moderation process (including to customer service or product management) or to attempt to contact you in order to subsequently decide whether to publish the review.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that content submitted by you can be edited or deleted by you at a later date.
How may we use your review?
By submitting your review, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, freely transferable and sub-licensable right to use, exploit and publish all content, in whole or in part, in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, for advertising and marketing purposes and for analysis, product improvement and resulting intellectual property rights. This right of use and exploitation extends to all known and unknown types of use. In addition to the right to reproduce and distribute in any media, in particular online on websites, in newsletters or in social media channels, or technologies, it also includes in particular the right to transfer to third parties, the right to edit, translate and change the contents and the right to produce derived works – also by third parties – including the use and reproduction of the respective results and their corresponding distribution. Furthermore, you grant ZWILLING and all sub-licensees the right to use your name (including any pseudonyms and abbreviations), which you communicate to us in connection with the submission of your rating.
The aforementioned rights also include, in particular, the use, exploitation and publication of the valuation in online shops of companies affiliated with ZWILLING pursuant to §§ 15 et seq. AktG (German Stock Corporation Act).
Which law applies and what must be observed in the event of a dispute?
The applicable law is the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution under the following link http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. In accordance with §§ 29, 36 para. 1, no. 1 of the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (VSBG), however, we would like to point out that ZWILLING is neither willing nor obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before the universal arbitration board.
Explanations on the presentation of the assessments and any verifications:
For the sake of clarity, we sort all reviews in our ZWILLING Online Shop according to the parent product. If there are several variants (e.g. different colours) of the same product, we combine the corresponding reviews.
The ratings are sorted according to the type of rating so that the best ratings are always displayed first. For technical reasons, it is unfortunately not possible to edit the rating afterwards. If you would like to remove your review, we will be happy to do so for you. You can contact us at email@example.com
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product. We write to the person who bought a product in our ZWILLING Online Shop at the email address given at the time of purchase and invite them to give a review of the purchased product on our website by providing a link to our review platform.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. In doing so, we send an e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the user before publication and ask him to verify himself.
Reviews submitted via the review form in our ZWILLING Online Shop and not verified by e-mail will be treated as anonymous reviews. These reviews appear like any regular review, without any dedicated reviewer-type demarcation.
However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
Last updated: September 2022