MIYABI 6000 MCT 24 cm Gyutoh
The 24 cm MIYABI 6000MCT GYUTOH knife is ideal for cutting and chopping meat and fish. Its pointed end is perfect for a variety of tasks, including the removal of bones from fish and meat, and its wooden handle remains pleasant and comfortable to hold. The authentic Japanese blade contributes to the knife's ability to retain its edge. The blade's smooth finish provides a stable grip, making the knife very safe to use. The handle is made from pakkawood and has a unique, gently arched shape. This well-balanced, ergonomic design means that a wide variety of different cutting techniques can be carried out easily and comfortably and that less effort is required when cutting. The GYUTOH knife's most important feature, however, is the micro carbide powder steel blade. This steel has a hardness of approximately Rockwell 63 and features two additional layers. A hammer is used to achieve the Tsuchime finish on the blade and a number of different hardening techniques, which include ice hardening, are used to make the knife more flexible and resistant to corrosion. In the final stage of the manufacturing process, the GYUTOH knife is sharpened on both sides so you can work more quickly and more safely.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. This provides a hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell. (International standard unit of measurement for hardness)
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile with Tsuchime look (hammered finish).
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Dimensionally-stable pakka wood handle for perfect balance, outstanding comfort and fatigue-free cutting with all cutting techniques sophisticated dark wood look.
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34073-241-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 63 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Pakka Wood
- Net weight: 0.23 kg
- Length of product: 38.00 cm
- Width of product: 2.50 cm
- Height of product: 5.10 cm
- Blade length: 24.00 cm
- Handle length: 14.00 cm
- Handle width: 2.50 cm
- Blade width: 0.20 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.20 cm
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.