MIYABI 6000 MCT 16 cm Gyutoh
The GYUTOH measuring 16 cm in length has a smooth, pointed blade which makes the knife well suited to cutting and slicing fish and meat. Large vegetables are also no problem. MIYABI paid attention to making an authentic Japanese blade profile that makes the knife extremely hard and sharp. The cutting qualities are completed by the Pakka wood handle which is comfortable to hold. The blade is manufactured from micro-carbide powder steel which is embedded between two other layers of steel. The blade is hardened even further using a special procedure such as ice-hardening at -196 degrees Celsius in order to achieve extremely high levels of hardness and sharpness. The blade has been ground on both sides and finished using the Honbazuke blade-honing technique. It is also very aesthetically pleasing thanks to the Tsuchime design which looks like the surface has been hammered. The ergonomically shaped handle is made out of cocobolo pakkawood, which is a dark, smooth-grained wood standing in direct contrast to the blade. The handle has a bent shape to make effortless cutting possible. The handle is well balanced which is typical of knives of the MIYABI 6000MCT series. Thanks to this balance, it’s possible to work for extended periods without tiring. With the high-quality, Japanese knife, you can complete many jobs in the kitchen.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. This provides a hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell. (International standard unit of measurement for hardness)
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile with Tsuchime look (hammered finish).
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Dimensionally-stable pakka wood handle for perfect balance, outstanding comfort and fatigue-free cutting with all cutting techniques sophisticated dark wood look.
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34073-161-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 63 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Pakka Wood
- Net weight: 0.18 kg
- Length of product: 30.00 cm
- Width of product: 2.50 cm
- Height of product: 4.70 cm
- Blade length: 16.00 cm
- Handle length: 14.00 cm
- Handle width: 2.50 cm
- Blade width: 0.20 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.20 cm
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.