MIYABI 5000 MCD 18 cm Rocking Santoku
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance. More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability. The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- G2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel, Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34388-181-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 63 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Birch
- Net weight: 0.18 kg
- Length of product: 32.20 cm
- Width of product: 2.20 cm
- Height of product: 5.30 cm
- Blade length: 18.00 cm
How to clean your knife properly:
Only clean the knife under running water with a little washing-up liquid and then dry it carefully.
Just let the knife sharpen
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.