MIYABI 5000 FC-D 24 cm Sujihiki
This high-quality Sujihiki knife has an authentic Japanese blade profile and a strikingly beautiful damask design. The manufacture of the blade is characterised by the use of the highest quality special steel, which has a high carbon content. The core of the blade consists of an FC61 fine carbide steel layer that is embedded in 48 layers of damask. The FRIODUR® ice hardening refinement process guarantees you a blade with special hardness, excellent flexibility and corrosion resistance. The razor-sharp cut is produced via a traditional grinding process, which is carried out by hand with the finest natural grindstones to produce the two-sided Honbazuke trigger. The traditional and shapely D-handle of the knife is made of Pakkawood, which is not only visually appealing, but extremely durable. It also ensures increased slip resistance during cutting work. The ergonomic handle and the hard yet flexible blade results in optimal balance of the knife, which ensures fatigue free working.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Blade core made of FC61 steel embedded in 48 layers of steel, Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34680-241-0
- Colour: black
- Substance: FC61
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC
- Colour handle: black
- Substance handle: Pakka Wood
- Net weight: 0.18 kg
- Length of product: 38.10 cm
- Width of product: 2.50 cm
- Height of product: 3.30 cm
- Blade length: 24.00 cm
- Handle length: 13.50 cm
- Handle width: 2.50 cm
- Blade width: 0.10 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.10 cm
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.