ZWILLING Gourmet 18 cm Santoku
The 180mm long Santoku knife with hollow edge from the ZWILLING Gourmet series makes it very easy to cut meat, fish and vegetables finely. The hollow edge prevents thin vegetable or meat slices from sticking to the knife blade. This way, you can, e.g. cut and prepare ham, fish or carpaccio in perfection. Therefore, those who appreciate Asian cuisine and are interested in its bouquet of aromas and preparation methods, now have the perfect tool ready at hand with the ZWILLING Gourmet Santoku knife with a hollow edge. The Santoku knife with hollow edge has a 180 mm long FRIODUR blade, and its high edge-holding ability, corrosion-resistance and flexibility are the result of ice-hardening. The ZWILLING special formula that is used is characterised by an optimal chrome and carbon content ratio. The handle is ergonomically-formed and made of light, stable plastic that lies pleasantly in the hand. The three rivets of the handle, the lasered ZWILLING logo and the high-quality processing characterise the knife’s elegant appearance. The ZWILLING Gourmet Santoku knife with hollow edge can naturally also be used for preparing all kinds of meals, not only Asian dishes. You are able to work safely with it, thanks to its high blade, especially when cutting meat and fish, as well as when slicing firmer vegetable varieties. With the ZWILLING Gourmet Santoku knife with hollow edge blade, you have a cutting tool with a Japanese blade that you can use for almost all kitchen tasks.
- V-edge - a two stage process which finishes in a fine symmetrical edge with the knife angle around 15 degrees per side
- SIGMAFORGE® knife – one-piece precision forging
- FRIODUR® ice-hardened blade for exceptional durability of the cutting edge and corrosion resistance
- Riveted ergonomic synthetic handle for fatigue-free and safe working, with exposed tang
- No bolster
- Dishwasher safe but hand washing recommended
- Designed By ZWILLING Germany
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 36118-181-0
- Substance: Special Formula Steel
- Type of handle: exposed tang
- Type of edge: Hollow ground Edge
- Edge finishing: Razor edge
- Manufacturing method: laser cut
- Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
- Colour handle: black
- Substance handle: Plastic
- Net weight: 0.16 kg
- Length of product: 30.50 cm
- Width of product: 1.80 cm
- Height of product: 4.50 cm
- Blade length: 18.00 cm
- Handle length: 11.50 cm
- Handle width: 1.80 cm
- Blade width: 0.20 cm
How to clean your knives:
Which cutting technique is suitable for what?
How to sharpen your knives
ZWILLING – FROM THE BLADE CITY SOLINGEN TO THE WORLD
ZWILLING has been manufacturing cutlery and kitchen products in Solingen, home to the world-famous sword, knife, and scissors manufacturer, since 1731. Today, ZWILLING is one of the best-known brands in the world and knows how to inspire professional and amateur chefs alike. Innovative functions, perfect design, and the highest quality characterize all of the products for the kitchen and dining table. Get inspired and discover the world of ZWILLING!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.