ZWILLING Gourmet 18 cm Chinese chef's knife
A good all-purpose knife is very important whenever you need to slice a variety of different vegetables, onions and meat for healthy dishes. Thanks to its unusual form, the ZWILLING Gourmet series Chinese chef’s knife is a good choice for this, because it can be used in a number of different ways. It is characterised by the large, almost rectangular blade and the horizontal cutting edge, which lets it look a lot like a classic cleaver. However, while the latter’s main purpose is that of cutting bone, this should not be tried with the 18 cm long Chinese version. The blade is thinner than that of a cleaver, making it better suited for cutting. Real professionals also use the blade’s large surface to transport the finely cut ingredients into the wok or a pot. This is done with particular ease with the well-formed plastic handle. The knife is made from one single piece of high-quality steel. The FRIODUR blade is additionally refined in a special ice-hardening procedure, making it very robust and giving it a particularly hard cutting edge. With the light ZWILLING Chinese chef’s knife, you cut vegetable and co. like a pro.
- V-edge - a two stage process which finishes in a fine symmetrical edge with the knife angle around 15 degrees per side
- SIGMAFORGE® knife – one-piece precision forging
- FRIODUR® ice-hardened blade for exceptional durability of the cutting edge and corrosion resistance
- Riveted ergonomic synthetic handle for fatigue-free and safe working, with exposed tang
- No bolster
- Dishwasher safe but hand washing recommended
- Designed By ZWILLING Germany
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 36112-181-0
- Substance: Special Formula Steel
- Type of handle: exposed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: V-edge
- Manufacturing method: laser cut
- Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
- Colour handle: black
- Substance handle: Plastic
- Net weight: 0.34 kg
- Length of product: 31.00 cm
- Width of product: 1.80 cm
- Height of product: 8.30 cm
- Blade length: 18.00 cm
- Handle length: 13.00 cm
- Handle width: 1.80 cm
- Blade width: 0.20 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.20 cm
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.