MIYABI 6000 MCT 24 cm Sujihiki
The long, pointed SUJIHIKI knife with ergonomic handle is ideal for cutting meat and fish and is also easy to clean. The wooden handle makes the knife comfortable to hold and makes it easier to cut at a variety of different angles. The MIYABI SUJIHIKI has a micro carbide MC63 powder steel blade core sandwiched between two layers of steel. A number of specially-developed processes, which include ice hardening at -196 degrees, are used to give knives in the MIYABI 6000MCT range their exceptional hardness. The double-edged blade is hammered into an authentic Japanese shape and is honed by hand using the Honbazuke technique to achieve a hardness of approximately Rockwell 63 The slightly curved, swan-neck handle is made from cocobolo pakkawood. The wood has a traditional shape and fits the hand comfortably. The handle's internal weight system also ensures that you can work with a wide variety of cutting techniques with equal ease. The MIYABI SUJIHIKI knife is a robust, flexible, durable knife that you are sure to reach for time and time again.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. This provides a hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell. (International standard unit of measurement for hardness)
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile with Tsuchime look (hammered finish).
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Dimensionally-stable pakka wood handle for perfect balance, outstanding comfort and fatigue-free cutting with all cutting techniques sophisticated dark wood look.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34078-241-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Pakka Wood
- Net weight: 0.20 kg
- Length of product: 38.00 cm
- Width of product: 2.40 cm
- Height of product: 3.60 cm
- Blade length: 24.00 cm
- Handle length: 14.00 cm
- Handle width: 2.50 cm
- Blade width: 0.20 cm
- Blade thickness: 0.20 cm
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.