137.50 $109.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
137.50 $109.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 29.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_23, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_31026-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 151ms
  • reviews, product

Description

PROFESSIONAL "S" are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives' laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these threerivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.
  • Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polymer, three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 15 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31026-203
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: Serrated edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.35 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.80 in
  • Width of product: 1.22 in
  • Height of product: 0.67 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.88 in
ZWILLING Professional S 8-inch Bread Knife
$137.50 $109.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 29.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A good bread knife is worth it's weight. I didn't realize this until I owned one. Good serrations, high quality steel so the serrations stay sharp. A sturdy handle to grip and length. Oh, give me length. I live where artisan bread is prevalent - crusty, chewy, light, tender. It used to bother me that I would get a beautiful boule home and when I sliced it, it became a squashed pillow. Then I was given a great bread knife. Eight perfect serrated inches of cutting brilliance. No massacred loaves and boules. This is the Professional S classic 8-inch bread knife. It is constructed of the of the highest quality steel, forged and finished with laser technology. It will last for decades. Just think all that for no squashed bread. It's really worth it.
Date published: 2020-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Classic bread knife Been using this knife for heavy crust breads. Makes a great clean cut.
Date published: 2017-02-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Beautiful and Functional Knife The ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8" Bread Knife is a dream. I've never had such a pleasant and easy time cutting bread of all types. The 8" size is perfect, large enough to cut odd sized loaves and reasonably sized enough to not be unwieldy with smaller breads. Who cares about getting pre-sliced bread when you have one of these? It feels good in my hands and it is beautiful to the eye. Brilliant. I'm so happy with this purchase.
Date published: 2016-12-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Done with a dull breadknife After spending years of fighting our dull breadknife we odered our new Zwilling PRO "s" breadknife. Our homemade breads & baked goods now look professional & wonderful-even after they are sliced with our new knife. With our old knife the pressure placed on the knife to cut into baked goods squished freshly home baked goods. Now we can concentrate on the presenation because the slicing is the final step & it is a joy to do so.
Date published: 2020-09-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great bread knife A great bread knife is life changing especially for someone who bakes or buys fresh loaves of bread. It will easily slice through the crust without smooshing it. Pro S is an outstanding knife that's forged from high carbon German steel and made in Germany. This guarantees that it will be very sharp and will stay sharp. The three rivet handle is very comfortable and extremely durable.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great classic bread knife I needed a new break knife. I went with Zwilling because the brand has always meant quality to me. From the classic three rivet design to the forged German stainless steel blade each inch is high quality. The teeth really cut through even the crustiest breads. Its good for other things too like melons, large tomatoes or anything with a tougher outside and soft inside. A great buy.
Date published: 2020-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Nice length You'll enjoy the feel of this 8" bread knife. It's not too long for smaller loaves but long enough to do the job. You can even pull this out for cutting sandwiches with ease. Forged from special formula stain free steel it will retain it's sharpness longer than other knives. The handle and bolster provide a nice weight for cutting ease.
Date published: 2020-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from We've had our Professional S bread knife for years and it's still sharp. It's so handy for breads, bagels, and even tomatoes. The serration tackles the crusty exterior or tough skin of the tomato and then the sharpness on the curves of the blade slice right through the soft interiors. Great addition to our block.
Date published: 2020-03-30
  • y_2020, m_9, d_23, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_31026-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

What is the width of the knife blade at the base? Not the spine width, the blade width.

Asked by: meyerovb
The knife is 1.14" wide.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-05-04
  • y_2020, m_9, d_23, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_31026-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 175ms
  • questions, product