• Brown
YOU SAVE: -21%
$420.00 $329.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -21%
$420.00 $329.99
Miyabi Birchwood SG2 9-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 10.
  • y_2019, m_11, d_11, h_24
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-243, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 91ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
MIYABI Birchwood SG2 9-inch Chef's Knife
$420.00 $329.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information

Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.

More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability.

The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.

Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

• G2 micro-carbide powder steel
  • Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
  • Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
  • CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
  • 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
  • Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
  • Rounded spine and heel
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Charasteristics
  • Substance: MC63
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 1.39 lbs
  • Blade length: 9.45 in
  • Handle length: 5.43 in
Miyabi Birchwood SG2 9-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 10.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Simply gorgeous! Bought this knife about 2 months ago. Use it several times a week and it just cuts through everything like butter. Super beautiful blade and holds a scary sharp edge.
Date published: 2017-09-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful knife! I bought this knife as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend who is a MAJOR foodie and absolutely LOVES to cook! He was so stoked to receive this as a gift (it was by far his fav gift), he couldn't wait to use it, and he has been showing pics of it to all his foodie friends, and they're all super jealous! It is truly beautifully made and very sharp... looking forward to buying more of the birchwood collection!
Date published: 2016-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Very comfortable and sharp knife. I am letting my wife answer these questions as I bought this knife as a gift for her. I saw a picture of it in a magazine ad and knew my wife would love it. From my wife: I was originally concerned about the 8" length since I normally use 6" chefs knives. Once I felt it in my hand I was thrilled. It is very light for its size and has a very comfortable feel in my hand. My husband hit the jackpot.
Date published: 2017-09-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from More than you expect I couldn't resist the natural finish birchwood handle, so was unprepared for the remarkable performance: sharpness, balance, edge retention
Date published: 2017-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great quality and precision Purchase about 2 months ago great used feels great good quality
Date published: 2019-02-14
  • y_2019, m_11, d_11, h_24
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-243, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

Is the sharpening angle the same on both sides of the blade?

Asked by: Fedefabi
This knife is sharpened to 9.5-12° per side.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-09-26

The handle is very clear and I'm afraid it can be stained easily.Is there a way you recommend to clean the handle effectively? Apart from the sharpening angle,are there other technical specifications that must be communicated to the knife sharpener?Thanks

Asked by: Federicof79
We recommend washing the handle with a gentle dish soap (like regular Dawn) and non-abrasive sponge or cloth. For comfort, and to help prevent staining and wear, you can condition the wood with mineral or camellia oil as needed. The knife should be sharpened to 9.5-12° per side. There are no other specifications to consider during sharpening.
Date published: 2019-08-26

Is it possible to delivery to New Zealand ? If you can, how much it would cost for delivering? Thank you.

Asked by: Justin Choi
Unfortunately, we are not able to ship internationally. (Shipping Information https://www.zwillingonline.com/shipping.html)
Date published: 2018-08-12

Does it ship to Australia? in WA Bunbury 

Asked by: William fung
We currently do not ship outside of the US at this time, however, you can reach out to Germany directly at info@zwilling.com for immediate assistance.
Date published: 2018-08-07

what is the weight of this chef knife and also in comparison to the weight of the mizu, kaizen and evolution 8 inch chef knives? Also is the d shape hand thats on the birchwood, mizu and kaizen lines aggressively stepped on the right side?

Asked by: coor86
This knife weighs approximately 0.8 lbs. It is heavier than the Kaizen at 0.7 lbs and the Mizu and Evolution 8" chef's knives at 0.6 lbs. The subtle D-shaped handles are very smooth and comfortable to use.
Date published: 2018-05-29

Hi, do Miyabi knives have full tangs running down the length of the handle?

Asked by: DFGZ64
No, not all Miyabi knives are full tang. They are usually between 0.33 to 0.5 tang.
Date published: 2018-05-10

I really want to buy it but I'm concerned I do not have the skills to take care of it. If I buy the Miyabi Birchwood 9" Sharpening Steel... will that be ok for maintaining it on a regular basis if I ship them in once or twice a year for sharpening? 

Asked by: LeeB
Yes, in addition to regular at-home maintenance, we recommend a professional sharpening 1-2 times a year.
Date published: 2019-09-16

Is this a Damascus print or is it authentic pressed steel?

Asked by: Ev1488
The Damascus design is made of a 101-layer steel. It is not a print.
Date published: 2019-09-16
  • y_2019, m_11, d_11, h_24CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_18
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-243, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 133ms
  • questions, product