• Brown
YOU SAVE: -20%
337.50 $269.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
337.50 $269.99
Miyabi Birchwood SG2 6-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 69.
  • y_2020, m_6, d_3, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_13, tr_56
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 122ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
Item no. 34373-163
MIYABI Birchwood SG2 6-inch Chef's Knife
$337.50 $269.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
of
Additional Information
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability.The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • G2 micro-carbide powder steel
  • Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
  • Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
  • CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
  • 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
  • Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
  • Rounded spine and heel
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: MC63
Measurements
  • Blade length: 5.91 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
Miyabi Birchwood SG2 6-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 69.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from An inch shorter but still a versatile knife! This 6" Miyabi Birchwood is slightly shorter but still a versatile knife. Perfect for someone like me, smaller hand grip and I liked a lightweight knife but sharp. This knife's blade features a Katana edge, it is scalpel-like sharpness and comfortably in the hand. The Potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel, hand-honed using the traditional 3-step Japanese Honbazuke method. 5000MCD, Cryodur ice-hardened; 63 Rockwell hardness, flower Damascus pattern provides added durability and helps prevent food from sticking. Every Miyabi knife deserves proper care.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I'd give 6 stars if I could I fell in love with this Miyabi line the first time I picked one up. Miyabi Birchwood is a beautifully hand-crafted and made of the one of the best steels for kitchen knives. The smooth birchwood handle fits my hand perfectly; and the inset emblem is an elegant touch. But the part I really love is the blade. The exquisite flower patterned blades belie their hardness, their ability to keep an edge, their gleam. What a joy. The chef’s knives are flatter – great for chopping; especially for someone who grew up with a nakiri as my training knife. Enjoy these knives for a lifetime.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I'd give 6 stars if I could I fell in love with this Miyabi line the first time I picked one up. Miyabi Birchwood is a beautifully hand-crafted and made of the one of the best steels for kitchen knives. The smooth birchwood handle fits my hand perfectly; and the inset emblem is an elegant touch. But the part I really love is the blade. The exquisite flower patterned blades belie their hardness, their ability to keep an edge, their gleam. What a joy. The chef’s knives are flatter – great for chopping; especially for someone who grew up with a nakiri as my training knife. Enjoy these knives for a lifetime.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 6" chef is my new go to I absolutely love this knife. Have had the Birchwood chef for a few months and thought Id treat myself to another pretty birchwood shape. First off, the handle is georgous! I know it requires a bit more attention because it is really wood and can swell and shrink if its wet too long,But that said, its such a beautiful knife I'd take extra good care of it any way! the smaller chef size is new to me and I am now forever a fan! Chopping and slicing with an asian chef, the flatter blade has much better contact area with the cutting board and cleaner cuts of the vegetables. It is lightweight but does the job as well or better than other knives. My hubby thinks the handle is a bit slight for him... Great he will stay away from my knife!
Date published: 2020-04-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Premiere Chef's Knife If you are looking for top of the line and top grade quality, this is your go to 8" chef's knife. I would rate it higher if I could, but the hardness of steel and sharpness of the blade angle are superior to any chef's knife on the market. These knives are made in Seki, Japan and made from the hardest steels on the market and have the highest quality craftsmanship. The Birchwood handle has an intricate mosaic pin with two red spacers and a an authentic D shaped handle. This knife is perfect for cutting meat, poultry, fish and larger vegetables.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Simply gorgeous! Bought this knife about 2 months ago. Use it several times a week and it just cuts through everything like butter. Super beautiful blade and holds a scary sharp edge.
Date published: 2017-09-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful knife! I bought this knife as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend who is a MAJOR foodie and absolutely LOVES to cook! He was so stoked to receive this as a gift (it was by far his fav gift), he couldn't wait to use it, and he has been showing pics of it to all his foodie friends, and they're all super jealous! It is truly beautifully made and very sharp... looking forward to buying more of the birchwood collection!
Date published: 2016-12-31
  • y_2020, m_6, d_3, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_13, tr_56
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8ms
  • reviews, product

I have seen the answer to some sharping questions. I also have poor sharping skills. I use a chefs choice knife sharper. Not sure if should use that with this knife or not. Where do you send in for sharping, how long does it take and how much does it cost

Asked by: DanC
We recommend only using Miyabi brand sharpeners, because they will be optimized to sharpen the harder steel formulas and steeper edge angles in our Japanese-style knives. Our mail-in sharpening service has been suspended indefinitely while we are making some internal upgrades. Please subscribe to our email list and/or check the site often for updates.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-05-18

Is the sharpening angle the same on both sides of the blade?

Asked by: Fedefabi
This knife is sharpened to 9.5-12° per side.
Date published: 2019-09-26

The handle is very clear and I'm afraid it can be stained easily.Is there a way you recommend to clean the handle effectively? Apart from the sharpening angle,are there other technical specifications that must be communicated to the knife sharpener?Thanks

Asked by: Federicof79
We recommend washing the handle with a gentle dish soap (like regular Dawn) and non-abrasive sponge or cloth. For comfort, and to help prevent staining and wear, you can condition the wood with mineral or camellia oil as needed. The knife should be sharpened to 9.5-12° per side. There are no other specifications to consider during sharpening.
Date published: 2019-09-16

Is it possible to delivery to New Zealand ? If you can, how much it would cost for delivering? Thank you.

Asked by: Justin Choi
Unfortunately, we are not able to ship internationally. (Shipping Information https://www.zwillingonline.com/shipping.html)
Date published: 2018-08-12

Does it ship to Australia? in WA Bunbury 

Asked by: William fung
We currently do not ship outside of the US at this time, however, you can reach out to Germany directly at info@zwilling.com for immediate assistance.
Date published: 2018-08-07

what is the weight of this chef knife and also in comparison to the weight of the mizu, kaizen and evolution 8 inch chef knives? Also is the d shape hand thats on the birchwood, mizu and kaizen lines aggressively stepped on the right side?

Asked by: coor86
This knife weighs approximately 0.8 lbs. It is heavier than the Kaizen at 0.7 lbs and the Mizu and Evolution 8" chef's knives at 0.6 lbs. The subtle D-shaped handles are very smooth and comfortable to use.
Date published: 2018-05-29

Hi, do Miyabi knives have full tangs running down the length of the handle?

Asked by: DFGZ64
No, not all Miyabi knives are full tang. They are usually between 0.33 to 0.5 tang.
Date published: 2018-05-10

I really want to buy it but I'm concerned I do not have the skills to take care of it. If I buy the Miyabi Birchwood 9" Sharpening Steel... will that be ok for maintaining it on a regular basis if I ship them in once or twice a year for sharpening? 

Asked by: LeeB
Yes, in addition to regular at-home maintenance, we recommend a professional sharpening 1-2 times a year.
Date published: 2019-09-16
  • y_2020, m_6, d_3, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.8
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_19
  • loc_en_US, sid_34373-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 122ms
  • questions, product