Details

Henckels Classic Christopher Kimball Edition 6-inch, Nakiri

{"no-color-16-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"16-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31165-163-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
  • no-color

Promotions

YOU SAVE: -40%
$109.00 $64.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -40%
$109.00 $64.99
In Stock Free standard shipping for orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
Henckels CLASSIC Christopher Kimball Edition 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 76.
  • y_2021, m_9, d_20, h_20
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_11, tr_65
  • loc_en_US, sid_31165-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 118ms
  • reviews, product

Description

A friend of the real home cook, chef Christopher Kimball has taught cooking for over three decades on national TV and radio and in award-winning cookbooks and magazines. His vast experience is the core of the Christopher Kimball Edition collection - expertly designed knives for everyday cooking.The Nakiri Knife is ideal for slicing, dicing, and chopping large fruits and vegetables. Its sharp, slender blade produces beautifully thin cuts and precise juliennes. With the wide, rectangular blade of a cleaver and the versatility of a chef's knife, this traditional Japanese vegetable cleaver is an essential for precision prep work.Made in Spain, the professional satin-finished blade is strengthened by high quality German stainless steel. With a seamless transition from blade to handle, the fully forged construction provides balance and durability. Combined with the ergonomic triple riveted handle, you'll enjoy fatigue-free cutting every time.

Specifications

• Item no. 31165-163
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Spain
  • Substance: german stainless steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Number of parts: 1
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 54-56 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.70 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.01 in
  • Width of product: 0.75 in
  • Height of product: 1.81 in
  • Blade length: 6.30 in
  • Handle length: 4.72 in
  • Handle width: 0.75 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
Henckels Classic Christopher Kimball Edition 6-inch, Nakiri
$109.00 $64.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Henckels CLASSIC Christopher Kimball Edition 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 76.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Useful utilitarian knife needs a little refining I bought this through Milkstreet after watching the advertisement. I trust Christopher wouldn't lead us wrong in useful products. This knife came out of the box with a sizeable burr that needed removing, but after that it cut extremely well. I may be holding the knife wrong but I am most confidant with holding it like a chefs knife. The back of the blade has very sharp edges though, which makes this uncomfortable. I am impressed with the sharpness in able to get and the ability to hold the edge. I'm still getting used to using this type of blade but I like it more each time I use it. I look forward to getting years of use out of my Nikiri
Date published: 2021-09-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from good Nakiri at a good price Ive wanted a Nakiri for a while but they usually come with a hefty price tag. This collection provides an affordable option. This collaboration between Chrisopher Kimball and Henckels, two culinary powerhouses have made a great knife. An awesome forged German steel blade in the Japanese style with the familiar comfort of a Western three riveted handle. The blade is super sharp and at a nice acute angle for great thin slices and cuts. Just what I wanted.
Date published: 2020-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Cuts like a dream The feel of this is so natural and cuts right through my fruits and veggies, even tomatoes without them mushing everywhere.
Date published: 2021-09-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Very good knife. Very good value. This Japanese prep knife is great for all your chopping needs. Ideal for fruits and vegetables, as well as meat, poultry and seafood. This sturdy knife will cut through whatever you're cooking tonight. Butternut or kabocha squash, tough skins? No problem. Thin slices of tomato and onion? No problem. Once you get used to this blade, its hard to go back. This line of knives is made by forging high quality German steel. They will hold their edge over time giving you years and years of enjoyment - and delicious meals. Recommend hand washing, although they are dishwasher safe.
Date published: 2020-04-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Not worth the cost. Poorly produced. Poor edge quality, poor steel quality. The edge has a very poorly sharpened edge, the entire point of the design of a nakiri is to chop in a rocking motion off the rounded tip, however this blade isn't sharp enough to penetrate vegetable skin without a slicing motion. It squishes before anything else. Also somehow the steel stains extremely quickly. Hand washed after one use and already has signs of water staining. To it's benefit, it has a good balance but not good enough to overlook the issues. This to me feels more like stamped steel than anything forged.
Date published: 2021-07-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great German Nakiri This is a great Japanese style German knife. I really like the feel of the handle on this blade, it’s very comfortable and contours nicely. This blade has a nice lighter weight to it, but is very sharp. This is a great Nakiri knife merging the western and Asian styles together, making it a much more durable Japanese style knife.
Date published: 2020-03-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Kimball Collection Always looking for more blade profiles to add to a family members Henckel Classic assortment, I was elated to see this nakiri in the collection. A smaller version of a Chinese cleaver, it is excellent for precision cutting of larger fruits and vegetables, with a less broad blade that has the maneuverability of a chef knife.
Date published: 2020-04-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great addition The nakiri is an awesome knife to chop fruits and large vegetables. It has a wider, more squared blade than the santoku making it the ultimate chopper and scooper. Classic knives are as close as you can get to the knives made in Germany, at a more affordable price. They are forged from German steel and are made in Spain. The three rivet handle means they're perfectly weight, balanced and extremely durable. Guaranteed to last a lifetime!
Date published: 2020-04-10
  • y_2021, m_9, d_20, h_20
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_11, tr_65
  • loc_en_US, sid_31165-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 31ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 160ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;