Details

Henckels CLASSIC 8-inch, Chef's knife

{"no-color-15-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"15-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31161-160-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"no-color-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31161-201-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
  • no-color
YOU SAVE: -40%
$109.00 $64.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -40%
$109.00 $64.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
Henckels CLASSIC 8-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 204.
  • y_2021, m_3, d_1, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_46, tr_158
  • loc_en_US, sid_31161-201, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 139ms
  • reviews, product

Description

This 8-inch chef's knife boasts a precision, fine-edge blade that is honed for long-lasting sharpness. Chop potatoes, dice apples, mince shallots, and slice salmon effortlessly - this kitchen workhorse is up for almost any task.

High-quality German stainless steel strengthens this durable, Spanish-made knife. With a seamless transition from blade to handle, Classic knives' fully forged construction provides balance as the traditional triple-rivet handles encourage tireless cutting. These satin-finished blades are conveniently dishwasher safe.

• Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel
  • Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
  • Professional, satin-finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness
  • Ergonomic, traditional triple-rivet handle provides balance and comfort
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Made in Spain

Specifications

• Item no. 31161-201
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Spain
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.70 lbs
  • Length of product: 13.39 in
  • Width of product: 0.71 in
  • Height of product: 1.81 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.72 in
  • Handle width: 0.75 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
Henckels CLASSIC 8-inch, Chef's knife
$109.00 $64.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Henckels CLASSIC 8-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 204.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This is my go to knife for all my smaller chopping needs. Well balanced and feels good in my hand.
Date published: 2021-02-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Size Blade This 6 inch blade is perfect for my small hands. Love having a Chef's knife that is comfortable, and not overwhelmingly large. Finally have the confidence to mince, chop, slice and dice without worrying that I will cut myself. The smaller blade gives me so much more control which is just what I was looking for. The price is also amazing. The high carbon German steel is fabulous, and the fact that is manufactured in Spain makes it very affordable. Really happy with this purchase.
Date published: 2020-08-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great knife for starters or professionals This was a Christmas present from my inlaws. Super sharp blade, didn't even have it 5 minutes before my first cut finger. Excellent on almost any cut or chop. Would highly recommend this knife to everyone.
Date published: 2016-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Always wanted one, now I have one! Henkels knives are the finest knives I have ever laid my eyes on it had the pleasure of using. This chefs knife is something that I have wanted for the last 10 years and my wife finally splurged and bought one. Impeccable craftsmanship, incredible edge, the balance and build beyond comparison! The knife does the work for you almost.
Date published: 2020-11-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by from A Great Starter Knife The only knives I ever owned before this one lost their sharpness very quickly, and ended up rusting over despite ostensibly being rustproof. So far this knife seems to be holding up really well. Its construction is solid and it cuts very easily. My hope is that it will hold up for years to come.
Date published: 2020-12-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Feels Nice I'm new to cooking so I'm not super knowledgeable about knives but I saw this knife on a number of review lists and so far so good! It feels a little big in my hands but I have small hands and its still pretty comfortable. I also feel like it could be sharper but I might just be bad at using it.
Date published: 2021-02-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by from 6" is the answer The 6" chef has been a great size for my kids as they venture into cooking. It's not as large in their hands as the 8" chef or as intimidating. This one knife allows them to do almost anything. Good quality, a knife they will eventually move with them when they have their own kitchens.
Date published: 2020-03-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One of best purchases so far! I’ve done an extensive research to find a great knife, forged, full tang and not from China. And this is the one! Great price, very sharp
Date published: 2021-02-27
  • y_2021, m_3, d_1, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_46, tr_158
  • loc_en_US, sid_31161-201, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

Can this cut a butternut squash? My wife is looking for a really sharp knife as our set doesn’t cut it without tremendous force.

Asked by: Jonr7274
Yes, this knife is suitable for cutting through squash.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-09-29

Are these NSF?

Asked by: Michelle72737e7
We use safe and sanitary manufacturing processes and materials throughout, but you can review our full list of NSF and ANSI-certified products here: https://info.nsf.org/Certified/Food/Listings.asp?TradeName=&CompanyName=zwilling&PlantState=&PlantCountry=&PlantRegion=&Standard=&search=Search
Date published: 2019-09-11

what is the RHC?

Asked by: chopper
The Rockwell hardness is between 53 to 55. Thank you for your question!
Date published: 2018-09-10

the tip broke off my knife and i need warranty replacement how do i go about this 

Asked by: garysb
You may find warranty information and claims instructions here: https://www.zwilling.com/us/warranty.html
Date published: 2018-09-08

What is the factory blade angle on this knife? 21*?

Asked by: BMan1113VR
The blade of this knife is 15° on each side.
Date published: 2018-08-27

Of what material is the handle made?

Asked by: DrCook
The handle is made of polyoxymethylene (POM), which is an extremely durable thermoplastic.
Date published: 2018-07-19

Bed Bath & Beyond described this knife as high carbon steel, but zwillingonline.com does not mention any carbon for this knife. Is this pure stainless steel without carbon or with carbon?

Asked by: Starving Rtist
Our J.A. Henckels International knives are made of a high carbon German stainless steel. Carbon is added for extra durability and edge retention.
Date published: 2018-06-11

Are they made in Gemanny?

Asked by: Zliu
The J.A. Henckels International Classic line is made in Spain.
Date published: 2018-05-07
  • y_2021, m_2, d_28, h_17CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.14
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_11
  • loc_en_US, sid_31161-201, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 140ms
  • questions, product