1 lb. 2 oz. plum cherry tomatoes
3 oz. black olives, pitted
¼ - 1/3 cup capers
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
4-6 sprigs thyme
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
Freshly ground pepper
High quality salt
7 oz ricotta
4 large slices of artisan bread
½ bunch basil
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash, trim, and dry tomatoes. Halve any larger tomatoes and add to a bowl.
2. Drain olives and capers in a sieve/fine colander then add to the bowl. Crush garlic using the flat of a knife. Add to the bowl along with sprigs of thyme, 2 tbsp olive oil, and brown sugar. Thoroughly mix and season generously with salt and pepper – the best quality that you have to bring out the tomatoes’ brightness.
3. Pour contents of bowl onto a baking sheet or an ovenproof dish and roast for around 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, zest the lemon. Add zest and the juice of half a lemon into a bowl with the ricotta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the slices of bread alongside on another on a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining 3 ½ tbsp. olive oil. Roast in the middle of the oven for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Wash the basil, shake it dry, and remove leaves from stems. Divide ricotta evenly among the bread slices. Top with braised tomatoes and fresh basil. Cut slices in half to serve. Buon appetito!
Staub Cast Iron$414.00 $289.99