MIYABI 5000 MCD 24 cm Sujihiki
The SUJIHIKI knife from the MIYABI 5000MCD series is a Japanese slicing knife with a hand-forged blade made of 100 layers of different types of steel. The micro carbide MC63 powder steel blade core is embedded in layers of two different kinds of steel. The blades created in this way are extremely hard and easily recognised by their striking floral Damask pattern. The high-quality materials and their elaborate manufacture make the SUJIHIKI from ZWILLING a very durable knife. Both the 24 cm blade and the handle are characterised by an attractive appearance and as well as functionality. The ergonomic handle is made of the very best Masur birch, which blends perfectly with the high-quality steel blade. The SUJIHIKI is ideal for cutting meat and fish or for slicing a roast. Its scalpel-like sharpness is due to a unique honing technique. The blade is first sharpened by hand twice on rotating stones and is then polished on a leather wheel. This so-called Honbazuke honing gives the SUJIHIKI its extreme sharpness and allows the Damask pattern to emerge from the 100 layers of steel. Knives created in this way are characterised by their excellent cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and ease of sharpening. Effortlessly slice a roast and other large cuts of meat with this knife.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel, Made in Seki, Japan
- Warranty: ZWILLING Lifetime Warranty
- Item no. 34378-241-0
- Colour: brown
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: concealed tang
- Type of edge: Smooth Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 63 HRC
- Colour handle: brown
- Substance handle: Birch
- Net weight: 0.17 kg
- Length of product: 37.30 cm
- Width of product: 2.30 cm
- Height of product: 3.40 cm
- Blade length: 23.40 cm
- Handle length: 13.80 cm
- Handle width: 2.30 cm
- Blade width: 2.00 cm
- Blade thickness: 2.00 cm
How to clean your knife properly:
Only clean the knife under running water with a little washing-up liquid and then dry it carefully.
Just let the knife sharpen
MIYABI - FROM JAPAN’S FORGING CAPITAL TO THE WORLD
The city of Seki has been the Japanese center for forging since the 14th century – anyone who produces knives here understands their craftsmanship: Just like MIYABI, because German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship here. Knives with perfect sharpness, precise cutting, and long durability are created in 42 days and 100 steps. Their design is reminiscent of traditional Samurai swords. Let yourself be taken to the world of Japanese knives!
The reference "Verified purchase" in a review indicates that the review was made after an actual purchase of the product.
The note "Verified rating" indicates that the rating was submitted via the rating form in our ZWILLING Online Shop. However, in this case, we are unfortunately unable to say whether the rating is related to a purchase previously made by the user or a third party.
You can find more information about our customer reviews within our Terms & Conditions - Reviews.