• (no colour)
YOU SAVE: -14%
$175.00 $149.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -14%
$175.00 $149.99
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Traditional Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 6.
  • y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_38411-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 138ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Traditional Chef's Knife
$175.00 $149.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. With ZWILLING Pro we introduced an optimized chef's knife blade shape. Through years of experience in professional kitchens, some chefs have grown accustomed to and therefore prefer the traditional blade shape of the chef's knife. To enable these chefs to benefit from the new curved bolster, we have combined the innovative bolster shape with the classic blade shape.
  • Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany
Charasteristics
  • Substance: Special Formula Steel
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.76 lbs
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Traditional Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from only one problem If only the knife were self cleaning it would be perfect. This is another replacement knife for my kitchen, have been changing out to the Zwilling Pro and almost complete now. I love these knifes, great balance, sharp and a nice fit in my hand. I find it very controllable and easy to use safely. I it used on a daily basis, multiple times, and so far the edge is holding up nicely with an occasional swipe on a steel.
Date published: 2018-12-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Build Quality Issue I ordered online and received my order quickly but there is a problem. The handle scales are not flush with the tang. You can feel the metal edge of the tang in your palm resulting in uncomfortable handling. The handle and tang should be perfectly flush. Where is the quality control? I am considering returning the item.
Date published: 2017-10-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Knife I bought this knife for routine kitchen prep because it is relatively compact in size but the blade has sufficient width for safely dicing, chopping and mincing, the handle is high enough to allow various grips for rapid action. The gentle curve permits efficient rocking. Knife is very sharp and stays sharp with simple steel honing.
Date published: 2018-11-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't beat German steel. This was bought as a Christmas gift for my mother. I already knew what to expect from Henckels knives, I've had mine for years and use it daily. I have been a Line Cook for almost twenty years and have trusted these knives for at least the last fifteen. You can not beat good quality German steel.
Date published: 2016-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Comfortable handle I love this knife! Very comfortable, easy to maneuver and the blade is sharp! Its worth the money!
Date published: 2019-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Birthday Gift I bought this knife for my daughter to replace her old chef knife and she loves it.
Date published: 2017-01-09
  • y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_38411-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 12ms
  • reviews, product

zwilling pro 7 chef's knife can it cut chicken into half

Asked by: somi
Yes, this knife is appropriate for cutting cooked and/or raw chicken.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-05-29

What is the factory recommended cutting edge angle for this model? I noticed other knives in this series are set at 15 degrees. Would sharpness last longer if set at 20 degrees?

Asked by: Adrian L
This knife has a blade angle of 15° on each side (for a total blade angle of 30°). The angle doesn't determine how long sharpness will last. You will have to maintain the edge (at 12°-15°) to keep the blade sharp.
Date published: 2018-05-01

I am interested in purchasing this Knife, Is the 8" measuring from tip to end point of cutting edge or to bolster where it join the plastic handle?

Asked by: JamieK
The knife is 8" long from bolster to tip.
Date published: 2017-11-30

Can you tell us about the steel? what is the hardness, what are the different materials that make up the steel?

Asked by: catalogcowboy
The formulation and treatment of our ZWILLING Special Formula Steel is proprietary, it is a specific blend and is heat treated in a very specific manner. The Rockwell hardness of all of our knives that use this steel (Pro, Professional "S", TWIN Signature, Four Star, Four Star II) is 57 HRC.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support

Warranty on this knife? The tip broke clean off mine (31021-200).

Asked by: Profarrell
All of our knives are warrantied for life. Please contact our Warranty departmet at (800) 777-4308 or by using the "Contact Us" link on this page.

I just purchased this knife, and it is probably the only knife that I will be using for most applications. I would like a solid way to keep this knife, as well as transport it places. Do you guys happen to sell a case for this knife, or recommend a roll?

Asked by: NMaxwell
We do not sell cases for any specific knives, though we do have a few storage and transport bags and rolls. http://www.zwillingonline.com/35002500.html http://www.zwillingonline.com/35004500.html http://www.zwillingonline.com/99000269.html
Date published: 2016-11-02

What is the difference between the Zwilling Pro 8" Traditional Chef Knife and the Zwilling Pro 8" Chef Knife. Also what does the price difference reflect? (more or less, or different materials used, more labor, etc?)

Asked by: Bennett
The difference between these two knives is in the blade shape, they both have the same bolster and are made from the same materials. The ZWILLING Pro 8" Chef's Knife has a unique blade shape. It has a less gradual curve, resulting in a a flatter heel. This allows for a hybrid use, almost like a cross between a santoku and a traditional chef's knife. The flatter area of the blade is great for chopping, while the more dramatic curve still allows for a traditional rocking motion and is also helpful for precise slicing. The Tradtional Chef's Knife is just that, a traditional blade shape, sometimes called a French style blade. It has a more gradual curve that works as an extension of your arm, allowing you to use a circular rocking motion when chopping or cutting. When deciding, it really comes down to preference. The ZWILLING Pro Chef's Knife is definitely the favorite around the office, however most people learn and hone their knife skills with a traditional blade shape, that is why we make both. The difference in price is only due to a season long sale (until the end of 2016). Normally they are the same price.
Date published: 2018-06-09
  • y_2019, m_11, d_11, h_24CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_7
  • loc_en_US, sid_38411-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 98ms
  • questions, product