Details

ZWILLING Gourmet 8-inch, Bread knife

$64.99
ZWILLING Gourmet 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 48.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_39
  • loc_en_US, sid_36116-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 100ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"36116-203-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 64 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This product may have minor visual imperfections, though this will not affect the product's performance.

The premium cutlery pioneer ZWILLING J.A. Henckels has been crafting notable knives since 1731. Respected as an innovator in the industry, the company remains true to its roots: a strong commitment to quality and excellence. ZWILLING Gourmet is the go-to knife for home chefs eager for their everyday knife to be exceptional. The single-piece, precision-stamped blade construction is lighter than forged knives, allowing for maximum maneuverability. Proudly crafted in Germany, the knives are made of special-formula steel that has been perfected for over 285 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, the blades are harder, sharper, they will not stain or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. The ergonomic, triple-riveted handle ensures fatigue-free cutting. Experience the comfort, durability, and sharpness of ZWILLING Gourmet.

• Made in Germany
  • Lies very stably in the hand, so that also very hard breads can be sliced with ease.
  • Precision-stamped from a single-piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensure ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Traditional three-riveted handle with a full tang provides maximum comfort and stability while cutting
  • Highly durable POM handle has stainless steel rivets that balance blade and handle perfectly
  • Center rivet is laser inscribed with ZWILLING logo

Specifications

• Item no. 36116-203
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: serrated edge
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: laser cut
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.35 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.60 in
  • Width of product: 0.71 in
  • Height of product: 1.38 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.80 in
  • Handle width: 0.71 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
ZWILLING Gourmet 8-inch, Bread knife
4.8 (48)
Added to basket View basket checkout
ZWILLING Gourmet Knife Series

About The ZWILLING Gourmet Cutlery Series

ZWILLING Gourmet 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 48.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good every day bread knife. Good for most commercial loaves and boules. The scalloped serrated edge slices through all types of crusts cleanly. The Gourmet line is a very good line of stamped knives. They are manufactured under tight controls and precise standards at Zwilling’s factory in Solingen, Germany. They have a full tang, running from the tip to the heel of the handle making these knives sturdy and stable. The comfortable handle is solid without being heavy. Because the composition of the steel, these knives will stay sharp and responsive with every cut. Dishwasher safe, but hand wash to keep it looking new.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect Serrations Love the serrations on this bread knife. Designed to easily cut through even the hardest crust. Very useful when cutting through melons, onions, tomato, and even roasts. Never have to worry about losing an edge, and the handle is so comfortable. German high carbon steel knives are truly the best quality on the market. This knife is affordable, and is lightweight because it is stamped rather than forged. I don't think a bolster is necessary when using a bread knife and appreciate the money I saved with this purchase.
Date published: 2020-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great bread knife. The serrations are well designed and allow for a nice cut, without ripping or tearing. Made with Zwilling special formula steel is manufactured in Germany and will last a lifetime. Chose the stamped bread knife over the forged, and am extremely pleased with this decision. The lighter weight is welcomed, as well as the lower price tag. I'm finding I really don't miss the bolster when using the sawing motion attributed with cutting breads, cake layers, sponge and angel food cake.
Date published: 2021-01-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great bread knife This is a really nice stamped bread knife. The steel is really durable for a stamped knife since the high carbon stainless steel was ice hardened, helping give the knife a longer and sharper edge than most stamped blades. The serrations on this blade work really well, reducing tearing and slicing bread and fruits cleanly. The handle really contours nicely in my hand as well. A great comparable knife if you like the look of the Zwilling Pro collection, but want a budget friendly price point.
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Gourmet knives are made of high carbon German steel in Germany so you know they are sharp and are going to stay that way. Because they are stamped, not forged, they are lighter, flexible and less expensive than their forged "cousin". They have that great three rivet handle that is both comfortable and durable. I love the logo as the second pin in the handle. Guaranteed to last a lifetime! This bread knife is perfect for slicing through a loaf of fresh baked bread; no tearing or smashing!
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This bread knife has a great serrated edge with long teeth that initially cut through the crust but then do not squish the soft inside. It is made in Germany from specially formulated steel that will is hard and will stay sharp use after use. This is a stamped knife, not forged, so it has a lighter feel in my hand but if still feels sturdy because of the full tang of steel that runs through the handle.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Consistently solid cut, stays sharp I bought this a few weeks ago as my previous bread knife was lost in a move cross country. Turns out I made the right choice. Any type of bread I’ve thrown at it gets a clean slice. I go through a large amount of baguettes and in the past often ended up with jagged cuts and small crust pieces all over the place. Not anymore. Looking forward to putting this knife through it’s paces in the next year.
Date published: 2019-12-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great bread knife This is a quality bread knife. The German made ice hardened steel gives a very sharp strong blade. It cuts through the crustiest breads with ease. Its great for tomatoes and melons too......basically anything with a thicker tougher outside and soft inside. The three rivet handle is very comfortable to hold. I love the logo on the center rivet.
Date published: 2020-07-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_39
  • loc_en_US, sid_36116-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

bread knife 38406 does it compare to 31066 which i have been using daily for 20 years. my is getting dull but still very usable. thanks

Asked by: joan86
This knife is designed to be lighter and more flexible, because it's stamped. 31066 appears to be more similar to our Professional "S" forged style: https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-professional-s-8-inch-bread-knife-31026-203/31026-203-0.html
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-09-28
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_36116-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 125ms
  • questions, product