Details

Staub La Cocotte 6 qt, Round, Cocotte Shallow, Basil

$314.99

Roomy wide-base cast-iron Dutch oven

• Wide base and shorter sides perfect for sauce reductions
  • Tight-fitting lid locks in flavor and moisture
  • Textured black matte enameled cast iron for perfect browning
STAUB Cast Iron 6-qt Shallow Wide Round Cocotte - Basil is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 40.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_14, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_1112885, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 122ms
  • reviews, product
{"basil-green-28-cm_6-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"basil","ID":"basil-green","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color basil is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6 qt","ID":"28-cm_6-qt","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40510-720-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"graphite-grey-28-cm_6-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"graphite grey","ID":"graphite-grey","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color graphite grey is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6 qt","ID":"28-cm_6-qt","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40510-722-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"black-28-cm_6-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"black matte","ID":"black","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color black matte is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6 qt","ID":"28-cm_6-qt","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40510-721-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"metallic-blue-28-cm_6-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"metallic blue","ID":"metallic-blue","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color metallic blue is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6 qt","ID":"28-cm_6-qt","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40505-305-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Color: basil
$314.99
$314.99
$314.99
$394.99
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 314 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

The STAUB cocotte/Dutch oven is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meat and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Boasting a wider profile with shorter sides than our traditional Dutch oven, it’s ideal for braising large cuts of meat, frying chicken, and cooking a hearty chili. The wider base means sauces can be reduced in less time.

STAUB cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retention qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With a heavy weight, tight-fitting lid that locks in moisture and tiny bumps on the lid interior that create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food, you can expect flavorful, perfectly cooked food every time you use this pot.

Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is beloved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance, and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte effortlessly and elegantly transitions from the oven to the table - you can cook and serve in the same dish. Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces are designed to be passed from generation to generation.

• 6-quart capacity for slow cooking meats and vegetables. 1 quart = 1 serving size, so this is the ideal pot to prep dinner for 4 to 6 people
  • Wider profile and shorter sides for frying, simmering, braising, and reducing sauces
  • Textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution
  • Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction
  • Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, bumps on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
  • Oven safe to 500°F
  • Transfers beautifully from oven to table
  • Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
  • Made in France

Specifications

• Item no. 1112885
Characteristics
  • Color: basil
  • Country of origin: France
  • Heat resistance: 464.00 F
  • Cold resistance: -4.00 F
  • Substance: cast iron
  • Marketing name coating: Black Matt
  • Lid existing: Yes
  • Induction: Yes
  • Oven-safe: Yes
  • Stovetop-safe: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 15.08 lbs
  • Capacity: 6.34 qt
  • Length of product: 14.17 in
  • Width of product: 11.02 in
  • Height of product: 6.10 in
  • Height without lid: 3.94 in
  • Upper diameter: 11.02 in
Added to basket View basket checkout
STAUB cast iron tall cocottes and Dutch oven video slot

STAUB COCOTTES & DUTCH OVENS!

The Staub cast iron cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. The innovative lid features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results. Staub cast iron cocottes combine function and beauty allowing ease of transferring your meals from oven to table.

STAUB Cast Iron 6-qt Shallow Wide Round Cocotte - Basil is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 40.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 6 quart Grey Dutch Oven Beautiful cast iron dutch oven in grey. This is my first Staub, I have only used Le Creuset in the past. Liked it so much I bought a smaller 4 quart as well. Similar in quality and heaviness but I like the look of the Staub, especially the color! The lid has a different texture compared to the Le Creuset and is black inside throughout. This is also a good size pot, It is wider with a shorter height which fits my needs better than a taller pot. Looks beautiful sitting on my kitchen cooktop!
Date published: 2021-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Versatile! Ample Size! This braiser cast iron is versatile! Shallow but wide, so easily organized every ingredients in one beautiful presentation, convenient stirring food and perfectly cooked without interrupting cooking temperature inside! This braiser is deep enough not just for braising. An excellent cocotte for roasting, frying and stir frying vegetables and fried rice pan, just like an Asian wok and great for baking breads too! This 6qt. cocotte provides ample room for all the ingredients, cooking stew or baked beans, and an excellent seafood pot such as mussels and clams as well as lobsters and crabs. The innovative heavyweight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect continually release condensed liquid back onto the food yielding moist, flavorful results. Staub cast iron cookware features heat retention and even heat distribution. Staub comes with a variety of colors to choose from and I loved basil, grenadine, and specialty La Mer and Lime Green, so beautiful that I want to collect all of them! cooked like a pressure cooker. Works on all stovetop including induction and oven safe up to 900F.
Date published: 2020-05-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect size for soup and more This is my second Cocotte, I had a 4QT for couple years and love it a lot. So I had to get this bigger one for soup and other cooking needs! Fall in love with the color, nice as a decoration when it’s not hard working/cooking. As all Cocotte, it distribute heat evenly and maintain the heat pretty well. Lost power during a storm once, I was cooking before we lost power. To my surprise, the excess heat continued cooking my food even without range on!!
Date published: 2020-10-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great product for a lifetime. Quality is top notch; and just the perfect size for everyday meals. The black interior will ensure that this pot remains beautiful for many years to come; unlike my 10 year old Le Creuset which looks great on the outside but nasty brown and discolored inside.
Date published: 2020-06-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from High Quality and Very Attractive Cocotte If you like to change or looking for new sets of kitchen casserole- get this one, it will make you smile as you open the box because of its appearance and you will see why its worth the price
Date published: 2020-06-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Stunning Smooth, sleek and elegant. I have evening waiting to see it in person. Now I want more. It’s beautiful.
Date published: 2020-09-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This cocotte does it all - sear meat, simmer a sauce, make a stew, roast vegetables, fry chicken, boil potatoes, bake a dessert, and everything in between! The heat capability of the pan is amazing - heats up quickly, evenly and stays hot for hours. It has self-basting spikes on the interior of the lid which collect and return all moisture back into dish keeping your flavor base intact. I love to serve pumpkin risotto in this cocotte during the fall.
Date published: 2020-05-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The heat capability of the pan is amazing - heats up quickly and evenly, also stays hot for hours. It has self-basting spikes on the interior of the lid which collect and return all moisture back into dish. This pan is wider and more shallow that other Staub cocottes, perfect for a meal like stuffed cabbage. I often pan fry burgers in the pan, the searing capability of the pan is phenomenal.
Date published: 2020-05-22
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_14, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_1112885, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

What is the number on the 6 qt wide cocotte...28 cm? And the number on the 5.5 qt cocotte....26 cm?

Asked by: eadam
The numbers on the cocottes are the diameters in centimeters.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-07-02

I the Dark Blue the same as "Marin" blue sold as Sur La Table and/or the "Sapphire" blue sold as William's Sonoma?

Asked by: Charlie77
Yes, Marin and Sapphire are other retailer's names for our Dark Blue color.
Date published: 2018-05-17

How deep is this pan

Asked by: Charla
The 6-qt. shallow cocotte is 14.2" long, including handles, 11" in diameter, and 6.1" in height/depth.
Date published: 2020-03-28
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_1112885, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 130ms
  • questions, product