Details

MIYABI Koh 7-pc, Knife block set, brown

$529.99

State-of-the-art steel with a unique octagon handle design

• Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Octagon-shaped Pakkawood handle
Miyabi Koh 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 47.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_8, tr_39
  • loc_en_US, sid_33960-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 108ms
  • reviews, product
{"brown-7-pcs_7-pc":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7-pc","ID":"7-pcs_7-pc","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7-pc is not available for this combination"},"productId":"33960-000-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 529 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This 7-piece set features all the essential knives for the kitchen. From the all-rounder 8-inch chef’s knife for slicing meat, dicing onions, and mincing garlic, to the 3.5-inch paring knife perfect for peeling vegetables and segmenting fruit. This set is completed with a handsome knife block that keeps your knives within reach on your countertop.

Handcrafted by artisans in Seki, Japan, MIYABI Koh knives are born from time-honored Japanese tradition, expert German engineering, and state-of-the-art steel.

Advanced FC61 fine carbide stainless steel provides unsurpassed corrosion and chip resistance. This cutting-edge steel ensures the hand-honed blades retain their impressive sharpness. Thanks to an innovative, ice-hardening process, the FRIODURx2® blades offer remarkable durability, sharpness, and cutting performance.

Stylishly stamped with a silver mosaic pin, the exquisite octagon-shaped handle feels as good as it looks. Experience ergonomic perfection with each slice—the Pakkawood handle supports both Western chopping and Asian rocking cuts. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.

• Set includes: 3.5-inch paring, 5.5-inch santoku, 8-inch chef's; 9-inch bread; kitchen shears; 9-inch honing steel, 10-slot bamboo block
  • Crafted from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade for exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12° edge angle
  • Mirror-polished blade features Japanese design details: sandblasted katana edge and embossed MIYABI logo
  • Octagon-shaped Pakkawood handle design nestles comfortably in the hand
  • Hand wash only
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 33960-000
Characteristics
  • Color: brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Block slot count: 10
  • Number of parts: 7
  • Colour handle: brown
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 6.61 lbs
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Koh 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 47.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from beautiful, lightweight, minimalist I’ve had my knife set for about a year now. I particularly selected Japanese knives because they are lightweight which makes it easier to balance and hold the large knife in my small hand. These knives are super sharp and have stayed as such with minimal maintenance (just honing blades every couple uses). I also appreciate how the set was sold with a minimal number of pieces. Just enough variety of blades to fit the various functions I need but not so many that I have knives sitting unused. As much as I love my knives I would caution that because the blades are slimmer they may be more susceptible to blending than a German blade. Just be aware of how and what you are cutting.
Date published: 2021-06-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect set to grow with. This 7-pc set has all you need to have a world-class set of knives. And it has slots too grow with, too. Miyabi Koh knive are made of a very hard, fine carbide steel making it possible too sharpen it to a razor sharp edge and know that the edge will hold. It also makes the blade beautiful - bright and shining it looks as good as it feels when you are slicing fine shreds of herbs, fillets of fish. Slim Pakkawood handle isn't heavy in the hand; it fits neatly in the palm for effortless cutting. Not maintenance necessary. Just hand wash wash and dry the knives and they are ready for the next prep session.
Date published: 2020-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A true traditional Japanese knife collection This is a great traditional style Japanese knife collection. Super lightweight, these knives have a nice balance to them, and they won’t get heavy in your hand if you are slicing or chopping fish, meat, fruits or veggies for an extended period of time. The block set has additional slots for adding other blade styles like a slicer or Nakiri knife. The thin yet sharp and durable blade of the FC61 steel of the Koh does a nice job of slicing and cutting easily and smoothly. The Pakkawood handle is more a traditional style for Japanese cutlery, paying homage to the original Japanese knives, samurai swords. If you’re looking for a traditional style Japanese knife, the Koh collection is for you.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from These Knives are Sharp I love this knives set. The knives are on the lighter side, not too heavy. This makes them easier to maneuver and makes for faster chopping and slicing. Food prep goes by faster so I can focus on cooking and enjoying my meals. These knives are very sharp. I sliced a tomato last night with ease. It was like slicing through butter. These knives are an infinite upgrade from my last set. I highly recommend this set.
Date published: 2020-12-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Zwilling employee If you are looking for an entry level Japanese knife this is a good one to try. This block set of 4 knives of Miyabi Koh, has a traditional Japanese looking handle that will actually fit comfortably in the right or left hand. Unlike a true D shaped handle, it will not roll for lefties. The blade profile is Japanese but the steel is more German in temperament. It is forgiving, will not chip or nick, but can be honed back to sharpness with ease.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great sharp knives I am so happy with this set. The forged blades are super sharp. They go through a double hardening process giving a very strong sharp edge.The blades are finished in the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method. They stay sharp for a long time and are easy to maintain. The handles are lightweight and very comfortable to hold. The set meets all my basic needs and leaves room for more specialty knives in the future.
Date published: 2020-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Buying a knife set should be a once in a lifetime investment. They should be sharp, stay sharp, comfortable and durable. This set covers your basic needs but leaves slots open for any specialty knives you may want to add down the road. Koh is an incredible line of Japanese knives. True to their heritage, they have scalpel-like blade sharpness that is a result of a thin blade with a very small edge angle. No need to worry about the blade being delicate like most Japanese knives. Koh is made from a new type of steel, FC61, that is durable and very chip resistant. You can see the details of the hand crafted blades in the edge finish. The Pakkawood handle is a very durable wood composite that can hold up to lots of daily wear and tear. The traditional D shaped design is beautiful with the Miyabi logo enlayed and fits perfectly in your hand for hours of tireless cutting.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't go wrong with this beautiful Koh Japanese set that will last a lifetime. Made with the ice-hardened process which will keep knives sharp and strong, and no chipping or rust! The octagon pakkawood handle makes it easy to grip and control. Extra slots for those knives you do not want to give up or new ones you want to buy. Block is made from bamboo, so it's a sustainable wood.
Date published: 2020-04-27
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_8, tr_39
  • loc_en_US, sid_33960-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 125ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;