Details

MIYABI Artisan 2-pc, Knife set

$319.99

Exceptional Japanese steel with a stunning Cocobolo Rosewood handle

• SG2 (MC63) micro-carbide powder steel - 63 Rockwell hardness
  • Tsuchime hand-hammered finish prevents sticking
  • D-shaped, Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood handle
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Miyabi Artisan 2-pc Knife Set is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 42.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_8, tr_34
  • loc_en_US, sid_34081-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 5ms
  • reviews, product
{"brown-2-pcs_2-pc":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"2-pc","ID":"2-pcs_2-pc","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 2-pc is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34081-000-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 319 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This 2-piece knife set features 2 essential knives perfect for smaller detailed cutting tasks. Peel vegetables and create garnishes with the 3.5-inch paring knife, and dice vegetables, mince garlic, and chop herbs with the 6-inch chef’s knife.

MIYABI celebrates Japanese craftsmanship with Artisan. Using traditional methods and innovative techniques, these knives merge the past and present into an exceptional knife collection.

The potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a stunning Tsuchime finish. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. The CRYODUR® blades feature exceptional sharpness and durability thanks to their innovative, ice-hardening treatment. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.

Crafted with special Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood, the handles mirror the beauty of the blade. Sophisticated details include brass and red spacers, a mosaic pin and a stainless-steel end cap. The attractive D-shaped handle is designed to nestle comfortably in your hand for tireless cutting.

• Set includes: 3.5-inch paring knife and 6-inch chef's knife
  • Crafted from revolutionary SG2 (MC63) micro-carbide powder steel - 63 Rockwell hardness
  • Tsuchime hand-hammered finish prevents sticking
  • Ice-hardened CRYODUR blade for exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12° edge angle
  • Mirror-polished blade with sandblasted katana edge
  • D-shaped, Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood handle
  • Hand wash only
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34081-000
Characteristics
  • Color: brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: MC63
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Number of parts: 2
  • Colour handle: brown
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 1.00 lbs
MIYABI Artisan 2-pc, Knife set
5.0 (42)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Artisan 2-pc Knife Set is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 42.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 2 essential tools A parer and a chef knife will take care of most of your cutting, and a 6" chef knife is preferred by many who consider the 8" chef too large to handle. Artisan is a thing of beauty! The first attraction for me is the "hammered" blade; it's such a unique finish but it's also going to help keep food from sticking to the blade. The SG2 steel is very hard which guarantees it will have amazing edge retention. It also boasts that crazy sharp Asian edge angle. The rosewood handle has a nice round curve which fits very comfortably in your hand. If you want an authentic Japanese knife, end your search with Miyabi. They are made and sold in Japan as the premium knife.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great starter set This is a great set. I love the look and feel of these knives. The hammered Tsuchime finish on the blade really makes such a big difference when cutting produce or starchy foods like potatoes and it does not stick to the knife. The Cocobolo D-shaped handle has a nice feel to it and really makes the knife sit well in the palm of my hand. It has a great balance to it. I like how this is such a sharp blade thanks to the ice hardening aspect to the SG2 steel. A great starter set with a couple of the essential blades you would want to have in the kitchen.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Ideal match Some folks prefer a shorter knives to work with, they like the maneuverability they have with a 6-inch chef's or a 5-inch santoku. If this sounds like you, then this set is an excellent value. Even if you already have a longer chef's or santoku and are just looking for smaller knives for fine work, then this an ideal set. The combination of a chef's knife and paring knife represents almost all cutting needs of home kitchen. Fruits and vegetables, meats and seafood, all can be cut and cubed and sliced and diced with these knives. The gorgeous hammered steel and the molded Pakkawood handles make these knives comfortable and easy to grab. Maintenance is minimal, just hand wash and hone regularly. They will keep a sharp edge for a long time.
Date published: 2020-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great way to start your Miyabli collection This set has such a great price for two of the most used knives in a kitchen. If you're looking to invest in an amazing Japanese knife this is a good choice. The six inch chef's knife is a nice size for most cutting tasks and a paring knife is the one you reach for for everything small. Both are incredible sharp because of the SG2 steel core which is capable of being honed to a 9.5 to 12 degree angle. The strength of the blade is due to the ice hardening process so these will stay sharp longer and resist chipping and cracking.
Date published: 2020-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from beautiful pair This is the perfect set to up your game. The knives are made of super hard high carbon steel. The blades are well crafted with hand hammered detail and sand blasting. The shape of the handle is very comfortable to hold with the extended belly to the traditional D shape.The red and gold spacers really accent the artistry. The paring knife is perfect for holding in hand to shape and peel with little waste. The chefs knife is very sharp and gives straight accurate cuts. These are well made examples of Japanese cutlery.
Date published: 2020-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful 2pc. combo Artisan! I liked this 2pc. Miyabi Artisan set, two great knife to have. An 8" chef are great for cutting large food, chunk of meat & vegetables, and fruit. It's the easiest grab and go knives, my go-to knife and so sharp to cut food for It's potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a Tsuchime finish. The Hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking, and add layers of durability. Handle is so comfortable in my hand and love that D shape handle fabricated with special Cocobolo Rosewood pakkawood.
Date published: 2020-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The perfect gift for your cutlery aficionados. The set is a great value for 2 often used knives considering the 8' chef is well over $100. I have these and use them almost daily. They are super sharp and with the acute angle on the blade, they feel like cutting though butter. Made in Seki Japan by artisans who have perfected their craft over the centuries and handed down to family to carry on. The hammered finish is so beautiful and also helps in food not sticking to the blade. I can't recommend these enough!
Date published: 2020-03-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I absolutely love this 2 piece set. They are by far the two types of knives I use the most in the kitchen. They meet almost all of my needs. This line is exquisite. The "D" shaped handle provides a very comfortable fit. The hand hammered blade helps to resist food sticking, but is also a work of art. I highly recommend this Miyabi line. It certainly will not disappoint.
Date published: 2020-05-18
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_8, tr_34
  • loc_en_US, sid_34081-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
  • reviews, product

Do these come in any sort of protective sheath or do we just have to utilize a knife rack?

Asked by: Dtf7
No Sheath's
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-06-27
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_34081-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
  • questions, product