Tortelli di zucca You really must try this speciality during the pumpkin season. Alternatively, the delicious pasta dough can also be filled with porcini mushrooms, cheese or minced meat.
1 HOURS 30 MIN.
For the pasta dough:500 g flour
4 egg yolks
Freshly ground nutmeg
50 ml olive oil
1 generous knife tip saffron powder
For the filling:650 g Hokkaido pumpkin (or butternut squash)
150 g red pepper
40 g roasted pine nuts
300 ml vegetable
100 ml Amaretto
1/4 red chilli
1 tbsp olive oil
A generous dash white balsamic vinegar
2 sprigs parsley
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To prepare the pasta dough, knead the flour and eggs together with the salt and freshly ground nutmeg in a bowl. Warm the olive oil and stir in the saffron powder until it dissolves. Knead the mixture into the dough and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- For the filling, halve the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut 550 g of the flesh, including the skin, into large chunks, cut 100 g of the pumpkin flesh into thin slices and set aside. Also chop the pepper coarsely and sauté with the pumpkin in 1 tbsp of hot olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the pine nuts, Amaretto and stock and simmer. Reduce until the liquid has evaporated.
- Wash the red chilli quarter, halve, remove the seeds and chop finely before adding to the pumpkin mixture. Leave to cool slightly, chop everything coarsely with a sharp knife, season with salt and a little sugar.
- Finely chop the parsley and tomatoes.
- Heat water in a large stock pot to blanch the pasta. Roll out the pasta dough into long sheets using a pasta machine. Distribute the pumpkin mixture using a teaspoon onto the pasta, brush egg yolk around the filling and place another sheet of pasta on top. Press the pasta firmly together around the pumpkin "bumps" and cut out the tortelli with a ring mould or a glass (about 8 cm in diameter).
- Blanch the tortelli for 2-3 min. before tossing in 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan with the chopped tomatoes and pumpkin slices.
- Season to taste with salt, sugar and white balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley just before serving.