Panzanella gamberetti An ideal snack which not only tastes great on a warm summer evening, but is also a tasty starter.
INGREDIENTS400 g ciabatta bread
30 cherry tomatoes
70 g caperberries (or capers)
180 g small shrimp
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
50 g olives
160 g mozzarella, cubed
1 tbsp herb butter
1 clove garlic
2 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the ciabatta into 1 cm thick slices, brush on olive oil and season with salt. Put the slices on the oven rack (middle shelf) and allow the bread to turn brown and become crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the shrimp in a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of butter, the parsley and pressed garlic.
- Halve the tomatoes and caperberries and mix with the olives and mozzarella cubes in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to taste. Finally, add the shrimp.
- Divide the cooled bread slices onto four plates and arrange the salad on top – but only just before serving otherwise the bread will turn soft if not served immediately.