Details

Staub La Cocotte 5 qt, Round, Tall Cocotte, Blueberry

$359.99
Promotion Details From 04/12/24 to 04/22/24 at 11:59 pm PST spend $200 or more and receive a free gift while supplies last (a $100 value). Gift card purchases do not contribute to the $200 threshold and are not eligible for inclusion. Cannot be combined with other offers or coupon codes. Valid at ZWILLING.com/us only. Other exclusions may apply.

Same great cocotte in a taller, slimline profile

• More space - slim profile
  • Less splatter - no boil overs
  • Great for bone-in cuts and sky high desserts
STAUB Cast Iron Tall Cocotte, Dutch Oven, 5-quart, serves 5-6, Made in France, Blueberry is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 290.
  • y_2024, m_4, d_17, h_6
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.41
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_112, tr_178
  • loc_en_US, sid_125024235, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 5ms
  • reviews, product
{"blueberry-24-cm_5-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"blueberry","ID":"blueberry","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color blueberry is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5 qt","ID":"24-cm_5-qt","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40508-870-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 359 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

The 5-quart Tall Cocotte is a taller version of the classic 4-quart cocotte, making it the ideal tool for cooking larger quantities, without taking up valuable stovetop space. The additional height is especially useful in cooking bone-in meat cuts like crown roasts as well as layered dishes like tians, or dishes that rise, such as soufflés. Plus, the added height reduces the risk of liquids boiling over and reduces splatter when deep-frying or searing.

Like all STAUB cocottes, the Tall Cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With a heavy weight, tight-fitting lid that retains moisture and tiny spikes on the lid interior that create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food, you can expect moist, perfectly cooked food every time you use this pan.

Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is beloved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance, and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte effortlessly and elegantly transitions from the oven to the table - you can cook and serve in the same dish. These heirloom pieces can be lovingly passed from generation to generation.

• 5-quart cocotte for soups, stews, and braises and deep-frying without messy stove splatters
  • Ideal for cooking tall bone-in cuts, layered dishes, and desserts that rise
  • Large capacity and slim profile that doesn’t take up valuable stovetop space and stores efficiently
  • Textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution
  • Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction
  • Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
  • Oven safe up to 500°F
  • Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
  • Made in France

Specifications

• Item no. 125024235
Characteristics
  • Color: blueberry
  • Country of origin: France
  • Heat resistance: 464.00 F
  • Cold resistance: -4.00 F
  • Substance: cast iron
  • Marketing name coating: Black Matt
  • Lid existing: Yes
  • Induction: Yes
  • Oven-safe: Yes
  • Broiler-safe: Yes
  • Freezer-safe: Yes
  • Stovetop-safe: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 11.46 lbs
  • Capacity: 4.97 qt
  • Length of product: 11.89 in
  • Width of product: 9.45 in
  • Height of product: 7.24 in
  • Height without lid: 5.35 in
  • Upper diameter: 9.45 in
  • Bottom diameter: 7.48 in
  • Handle length: 1.22 in
Added to basket View basket checkout

STAND TALL

The 5-quart Tall Cocotte is a taller version of the classic 4-quart cocotte. It offers a full quart more capacity in the same footprint, so you can cook larger quantities, without taking up valuable stovetop space. Its extra height also makes it the perfect pot for dishes that rise (think soufflé!) and bone-in or bulky foods that need more vertical space (we’re looking at you mussels). Take your cooking to new heights, with the Tall Cocotte.

ENAMELED CAST IRON

Textured black matte enameled cast iron requires no seasoning and offers perfect searing. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pan heats evenly throughout.

TIGHT-FITTING LID

Lock in moisture with the heavyweight lid. This innovative lid features tiny bumps on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto food, for moist, flavorful results.

STOVE, OVEN, TABLE

STAUB cast iron can be used on any stovetop, including induction, and with the lid on, it’s oven safe to 500°F. With its elegant profile and stunning color, you can serve right to the table in it.

STAUB cast iron tall cocottes and Dutch oven video slot

STAUB COCOTTES & DUTCH OVENS!

The Staub cast iron cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. The innovative lid features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results. Staub cast iron cocottes combine function and beauty allowing ease of transferring your meals from oven to table.

STAUB Cast Iron Tall Cocotte, Dutch Oven, 5-quart, serves 5-6, Made in France, Blueberry is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 290.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Tall Pot Staub is incredible cast iron that has a three layer enameling on the outside that is extremely chip resistant and beautiful. The inside is enameled also making it chip resistant, amazing browning capabilities but also maintenance free...no seasoning required. The lid has self basting "dimples" which creates a rain forest that results in incredible flavors even when cooking time is short. This is a new version of the traditional dutch oven. It's very tall, almost 8" compared to 4.5" of the traditional. This expands the use of this 5 quart dutch oven making room for larger pieces of meat or soups that don't necessarily need the heat from the cooking surface.
Date published: 2020-06-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Cherry A beautiful cheery color to brighten your meals. This versitale pot is perfect for sauces, stews, braising and soups. Ample for large family meals. We also love to use this pot for baking breads. Comes out great every time! This pot is everything you would expect from a Staub cast iron. Exceptional craftsmanship and quality. The innovative black matte interior provides exceptional heat distribution and retention. Will also release foods easily. This pan will stay a consistent temperature throughout the cooking time. The creative dimpled interior of the lid is designed to help with continuous moisture flow. Great stove to oven to table pot. No need to season this pot- it's ready to go!
Date published: 2020-05-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent, Top of the Line in Dutch Ovens Bought the 5QT Dutch oven/cocotte for my wife for Christmas. Her favorite color is red. She loves to make long simmering soups, stews & braises. Other cocottes have enameled interiors that are not as superior as Staub’s, as they crack & craze after only a few uses. The interior is non-stick but not made with the chemicals most all other non-stick cookware it made from. Staub is truly the ultimate in cast iron cookware. The lid has little drip nodules to redistribute moisture back into the food. She was elated with the gift! Thank you Staub for you superb products!
Date published: 2022-12-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I really like the taller sides on this 5qt cocotte. Awesome for deep frying, layered dishes, soups, stews, chili and for baking bread. Staub cast iron is surrounded by 3 layers on enamel on the interior and 3 layers of a beautiful glaze on the exterior. No need to season these pots and they can even go in the dishwasher if necessary. Interior is slightly textured for a perfect brown or sear and easy release. The lids have continuous basting beads for a consistently moist environment during cooking. No wonder restaurants prefer to cook in Staub. This pot will not disappoint.
Date published: 2020-05-19
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Rough Feeling Handles, Incompletely Glazed I received this as a gift today and it's the first time I haven't been wowed by Staub quality from Zwilling. The inside of the handles are not glazed properly. There is a thin coating of glaze leaving the cast iron minimally coated and rough. The handles feel rough to the touch, making the pot not one with possible visual imperfections as described, but one with palpable imperfections. Additionally, the lid is not properly glazed. The raised lettering on the lid is minimally coated with glaze leaving the lettering exposed with black dots of cast iron showing through in spots. There is a smattering of unincorporated black pigment in the red glaze cast across the lid producing black freckles. I love the height of this pot and the color, but overall I'm not happy with the quality of this piece particularly the rough handles.
Date published: 2020-11-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Nice festive color for the Holidays! Love the additional height, perfect for boiling and deep frying without having to worry about splattering and spill over. The black enamel interior stays stain free, and although not non-stick, is resistant to sticking once heated to the correct temperature. Suitable for my induction cooktop, and also goes into the oven. Never have to worry about seasoning the cast iron, which makes it ready to use on day one. Excellent quality and design, worth every penny.
Date published: 2021-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from High-rise heaven! This 5Qt tall cocotte fits the same footprint as my 4Qt. I get more volume in the same amount of space. Give that genius a raise!
Date published: 2021-03-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Staub Cast Iron 5-qt Tall Cocotte - Cherry We bought this pan especially for pot roasts for the fall, but I could not wait to use it now. It was beautiful. It cooks perfectly. I roasted chicken thighs with vegetables and rice. The rice was perfectly cooked and the chicken was moist and tender. The clean up was a breeze. I can't wait for the fall and making my pot roast in this pot. Now I have to think of who is worthy enough to get it after I die. No one! I am being buried with this pot!
Date published: 2021-07-24
  • y_2024, m_4, d_17, h_6
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.41
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_112, tr_178
  • loc_en_US, sid_125024235, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 3ms
  • reviews, product

Which colors in the tall  5 quart Dutch oven come with a brass knob

Asked by: Cynthia H
Black
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-11-21

hi i ordered Cast iron 5qr tall cocotte,i think i recieved round pot instead,it looks pretty short ,i was wondering whats the size of inches this pot?thanks

Asked by: NTEVAN
Hi, MEASUREMENTS Net weight: 11.46 lbs Capacity: 4.97 qt Length of product: 11.89 in Width of product: 9.45 in Height of product: 7.24 in Height without lid: 5.35 in Upper diameter: 9.45 in Bottom diameter: 7.48 in Handle length: 0.79 in
Date published: 2023-11-22

When will the tall cocotte in the White Truffle color be back in stock? Thank you!

Asked by: Cherilyn
Hi Check back with us in a few months.
Date published: 2022-10-04

is your 5 quart cast iron tall Cocotte REALLY 5 QUARTS? I just ordered a 4 quart from Sur la Table and your 4 quart was only 2.5 even though the box said 4 quarts and the invoice said 4 quarts??? so i am reluctant to purchase another Staub right

Asked by: Tina Buehler
Staub 4qts Staub TALL is 5qts Staub 5.5qts
Date published: 2023-05-20

Can this go from oven to an induction cooktop while still hot?

Asked by: Roseash
Yes
Date published: 2021-12-01

Are the inside of the handles unglazed?

Asked by: Ydhe
Thank you for contacting ZWILLING STAUB No, each Staub piece has multicoated enameling. Regards, Zwilling Staub
Date published: 2022-12-16

Would this tall 5 qt cocotte work well for baking bread?

Asked by: MommaMaryP
Thank you for contacting Zwilling Staub! Yes, to assist you here are the 5Qt Tall Cocotte measurements. Length of product: 11.89 in Width of product: 9.45 in Height of product: 7.24 in Height without lid: 5.35 in Upper diameter: 9.45 in Bottom diameter: 7.48 in I hope this helps! Regards, Zwilling Staub
Date published: 2023-05-23

Is there a steamer insert that would fit with this pot?

Asked by: Pvanogan
we are sorry no
Date published: 2021-04-21
  • y_2024, m_4, d_17, h_6CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.41
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_13
  • loc_en_US, sid_125024235, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • questions, product