MIYABI Koh 8-inch, Gyutoh

$129.99
$159.99
-19 %

State-of-the-art steel with a unique octagon handle design

• Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Octagon-shaped Pakkawood handle
Miyabi Koh 8-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 248.
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_72, tr_176
  • loc_en_US, sid_33951-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 120ms
  • reviews, product
{"brown-15-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"15-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"33951-163-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"brown-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"33951-200-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"brown-24-cm_9.50-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"9.50 inch","ID":"24-cm_9.50-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 9.50 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"33951-243-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Size: 8.00 inch
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 129 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This traditional Japanese knife is the counterpart to the Western Chef's Knife. With a thin blade and exceptionally hard steel, it excels at precision cuts.

Handcrafted by artisans in Seki, Japan, MIYABI Koh knives are born from time-honored Japanese tradition, expert German engineering, and state-of-the-art steel.

Advanced FC61 fine carbide stainless steel provides unsurpassed corrosion and chip resistance. This cutting-edge steel ensures the hand-honed blades retain their impressive sharpness. Thanks to an innovative, ice-hardening process, the FRIODURx2® blades offer remarkable durability, sharpness, and cutting performance.

Stylishly stamped with a silver mosaic pin, the exquisite octagon-shaped handle feels as good as it looks. Experience ergonomic perfection with each slice—the Pakkawood handle supports both Western chopping and Asian rocking cuts. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.

• Crafted from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade for exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12° edge angle
  • Mirror-polished blade features Japanese design details: sandblasted katana edge and embossed MIYABI logo
  • Octagon-shaped Pakkawood handle design nestles comfortably in the hand
  • Hand wash only
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 33951-203
Characteristics
  • Color: brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 61 HRC
  • Colour handle: brown
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.38 lbs
  • Length of product: 13.66 in
  • Width of product: 0.75 in
  • Height of product: 2.01 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 5.31 in
  • Handle width: 0.75 in
  • Blade width: 0.04 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.04 in
MIYABI Koh 8-inch, Gyutoh
4.7 (248)
-19% 159.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Koh 8-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 248.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great knife - way underrated! This knife (Miyabi Koh 8” gyuto) is fantastic, and way underrated. I mostly use two knives, this one and a small paring knife, and they are sufficient for almost everything. I had no quality issues, so I can’t comment on defects. Mine seems well crafted with good attention to detail (comes with a warranty anyway). The things I love most about this knife is that it is light and nimble, the handle is very comfortable and secure (and in many positions) and it easily slices through everything, even hard winter squash. All other 8+inch chef’s knives that I tried have handles which are too fat/uncomfortable for me, and most blades are needlessly heavy and thick. The stainless steel on this seems great too. It is razor sharp, and after months of daily use cutting lots of winter squash, hard root vegetables, acid fruit, and everything else in sight, it is still super sharp without once touching it up with a honing rod or strop. There were some rocking santokus and prep knives which I considered because they have small handles and are also nimble, but I wanted the versatility of a larger knife for the big squash, melons, and cabbage. The one thing I don’t like about this knife is that the handle is about 1 inch too long (I am petite, so it sometimes hits my forearm). At first I didn’t like the flatter profile either, because it doesn’t rock as well as the knife I was used to. However, after adjusting my cutting style I have had no problems. I can easily mince large bunches of parsley, and I slice, instead of wedge-split, the hard veggies. I think the thinner and narrower blade is one of the reasons it cuts so well. Before purchasing, a sales clerk, whose dad was a butcher, told me he personally owns this knife and loves it. However, a few weeks later another sales clerk tried to talk me out of it. I think because it lacks the “sexy” layers of shiny (but useless) cladding. Some merchants don’t carry this series, and it is left out of online comparisons. Too bad, because its nimbleness, simple elegance and functional excellence make it one of the best knives in my opinion.
Date published: 2019-07-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Blade scratches easily I have had this knife for about 4 months. I do not use it regularly, and I clean it using hot water soap and a regular sponge. Already the blade has a ton of scratch marks on it. It’s an aesthetic issue, and not the structural one, but I am surprised by how easily it’s been damaged considering the stated quality of the steel. Also, for what it’s worth, the blade design on the edge is more like a watermark, then an actual sign of welding. It looks more “authentic “in the pictures than in real life. Two surprising issues for such an expensive product.
Date published: 2021-03-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by from bent Knife is bent, this is the second knife in a row from this line that is badly bent.
Date published: 2019-01-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Chef knife This is a great traditional style Japanese bread knife. Super lightweight, the Chef knife has a nice balance to it, and it won’t get heavy in your hand if you are slicing fruit, meat, or veggies. The thin yet sharp and durable blade of the FC61 steel of the Koh does a nice job of slicing and cutting easily and smoothly. The Pakkawood handle is more a traditional style for Japanese cutlery, paying homage to the original Japanese knives, samurai swords. The 6” Chef knife is a great blade, still a large blade but not as daunting in size as the 8 or 10” chef blades.
Date published: 2020-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great proportions on this knife This is a classic Japanese knife; the distinctly angled, slightly wooden handle, the super sharp, lightweight blade makes cutting with this knife smooth, and comfortable. The aesthetics of the knife also need to be mentioned. The bright blade in contrast with the darker wood handle is truly beautiful to look at. And for all the exterior benefits, the construction of this knife is compromised. The FC61 steel used in making the blade is strong without being brittle. It takes an edge and keeps it. Hand wash this gorgeous knife. It has a Pakkawood handle.
Date published: 2020-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from 10/10 would buy again 4 stars since this is my first GOOD KNIFE and giving it a five feels like a cheap move. Overall it’s amazing, cutting through anything like butter. I will say this, I’m a dishwasher and prep worker and by the end of the day it’s lost its edge. At least for me. I do get saddled with prepping half frozen chicken breast, I think that’s what kills the razor of a blade. All in all would definitely buy again, I’m actually looking for another knife to keep my days easy and I planned on going with a Koh again. Sadly, they’re all sold out at the time of this review.
Date published: 2023-11-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Super sharp. Hands-on erased any doubt. I was a bit hesitant on this one, but had my eye on it after the Kaizen sold out. I’d read it was too light, some said it cumbersome, and so on. Once I opened the box any doubt simply went away. It’s super sharp, really nicely balanced, finished very nicely. I also don’t mind the sand blasted katana edge finish that some complained about. It’s very subtle and is also no different than cladding, which is also mostly cosmetic in modern knife making. Overall, I’m very pleased with the purchase and look forward to years of usage.
Date published: 2021-09-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful, balanced, and does what a knife should It's not about how a knife looks, but it kind of is sometimes. The simple and clean lines just draw the eyes along the blade. It's a beautiful knife. More importantly, it's a pleasure to use. Sharp, balanced, comfortable to hold. I did have some slicing where the food was almost suctioned to the blade, but that was simple enough to resolve. This seems built for the way I like to use a knife, so others may not be as enamored. Reviews indicate the blade stays sharp, but I've only had it a short time so can't speak to that yet.
Date published: 2022-05-08
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_72, tr_176
  • loc_en_US, sid_33951-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

Hello again. What is the blade height at the heel (bolster area), and what is the same question about the Evolution (Item # 34021-203)? Thanks in advance.

Asked by: Ericfg12
This blade is 1.9" at its widest point. Item 34021-203 is 2" at its widest.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-08-08

Hello Henckels, What's the blade (spine) thickness just in front of the bolster? And what's total weight, please? Great looking knife BTW.

Asked by: Ericfg12
The blade thickness is 0.08", and this knife weighs 6.1 oz.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-08-08
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_33951-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 108ms
  • questions, product