Details

MIYABI Kaizen II 7-inch, Santoku

$179.99

Traditional Japanese craftsmanship combined with modern engineering and design

• Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • Double ice-hardened blade for superior corrosion resistance
  • Comfortable D-shaped black Pakkawood handle
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 119.
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_29, tr_90
  • loc_en_US, sid_34684-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 103ms
  • reviews, product
{"black-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"black matte","ID":"black","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color black matte is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34684-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 179 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This all-purpose Asian-style knife features a relative straight edge from heel to tip which supports the Japanese push cut. Santoku means three virtues and is named as such because it can be used for meat, fish, and vegetables.

MIYABI moves one step closer to perfection with Kaizen II – Japanese for “improvement” or "change for the better." Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, a city renowned for the highest quality cutlery production, the Kaizen II collection boasts traditional Japanese craftsmanship combined with the best hardening technology and beautiful modern design.

The core, forged from resilient FC61 super steel, is protected by a stunning 48 layers of stainless steel. And MIYABI Kaizen II knives are as beautiful as they are functional. The blades’ gorgeous flower Damascus pattern is dramatically darkened through acid dipping. The double FRIODUR® ice-hardened blade makes for improved corrosion resistance and astonishing durability. Artisans hand-hone the blades using the venerable four-step Honbazuke method. This fine attention to detail translates into a work of art that is the ultimate in precision cutting.

The blade is balanced by a substantial D-shaped handle made of black pakkawood. Effortless to hold, the classic Japanese “D”-shape handle offers a comfortable grip for stress-free cutting. This striking handle truly matches the caliber of the blade.

• Revolutionary FC61 steel core features fine carbide distribution and is protected by a durable 48 layers of damast steel
  • Fine carbide distribution creates a razor-sharp and durable blade with a 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Double ice-hardened FRIODUR® blade offers remarkable durability and cutting edge retention
  • Blade is hand-honed using the historic Honbazuke method to an exceptionally sharp 9.5 to 12°
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile
  • Ergonomic handle is made of black Pakkawood and stylishly stamped with a mosaic pin. End cap features the MIYABI logo.
  • Stylish, strong handle features an improved thicker and rounded bolster for increased comfort and balance.
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34684-183
Characteristics
  • Color: black matte
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.43 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.68 in
  • Width of product: 0.98 in
  • Height of product: 1.85 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
  • Handle length: 5.59 in
  • Handle width: 0.98 in
  • Blade width: 0.04 in
MIYABI Kaizen II 7-inch, Santoku
4.9 (119)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 119.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Wonderful home knife The knife comes with a 61+ Rockwell Hardness rating, and in all of my knife reviews, this is the hardest knife I have seen to date. The knife is a full tang, so you can rest assured it’s better for users and less susceptible to breaking, which, let’s face it, when you are spending money on a quality knife, it’s a good thing to know. Looks-wise, it has a beautiful flower pattern making it visually appealing for pros and new users alike. The lines in the knife handle are unique and give it a very distinguished look. The octagonal handle is a great tribute to custom knife making and precision. If you are looking for a good entry-level knife at an affordable price point, this is it.
Date published: 2021-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Updated Kaizen II is a home run If you liked the sharpness of the original Kaizen, but found the handle a little foreign, then it might be time to reconsider the Kaizen line. The handle and the bolster were beefed up to provide more feedback with a firm pinch grip. The 49-layers of steel are hand finished to an extremely sharp edge that holds. It has a double Damascus pattern that is stunning. This santoku blade shape is set at just the right angle so that when you are chopping the knife finishes the downward motion automatically.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beauty and Functionality This is one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen and I love how it feels in my hand. The handle is nice and curved and feels like it was made for my hand. I love the pattern on the blade and love displaying it in my kitchen. I love that this knife has a wide blade that makes it easy for me to transfer the vegetables I've chopped from the cutting board to the pan in one move.
Date published: 2020-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Santoku is one of my favorite knives to use in the kitchen due to the versatility of the blade profile. You can use the santoku on meat, poultry and vegetables, and will find that it is easy work with the D-shape handle which fits perfectly in the hand. This knife is sharp and will retain it sharpness due to the FC61 steel and the special ice-hardening process.
Date published: 2020-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Chop chop Perfect knife for chopping tons of vegetables! The Kaizen 11 is definitely an upgrade from Kaizen. The FC61 steel is much sharper, and the edge retention is superior to some of the other Japanese steels. Also very durable, no chipping or cracking whats so ever. Looks great, performs even better!
Date published: 2020-08-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Sharp Santoku The redesigned Kaizen II has a 49 layer Damascus pattern and Pakkawood handle with larger bolster for added comfort. Scalpel like sharpness has not changed as evidenced with this santoku which permits precision chopping with its straight edge.
Date published: 2020-03-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing Knives I could not believe the performance of these knives. Cuts through fish like room temperature butter. Makes cooking so much funner and more efficient! Love these and would recommend everyone to get them!
Date published: 2021-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Good Addition to Any Block Set The Santoku knife is a great addition to a basic knife set. It's blade is similar but shorter than that of the chef's knife. It's especially good for very thin slicing.
Date published: 2020-12-20
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_29, tr_90
  • loc_en_US, sid_34684-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Can you use the ZWILLING EDGE MAINTENANCE FOUR-STAGE PULL-THROUGH SHARPENER-RED to sharpen this knife?

Asked by: Erin3
Yes, One side features a 15° angle for Western-style knives, the other a 10° angle for Asian-style knives.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2021-11-22

Is the blade flexible? I'm looking for a great multipurpose knife and was wondering if this would be good for fileting fish and skinning tough vegetables like squash and pumpkin.

Asked by: Gakattack15
This blade is not flexible. Miyabi knives are made of harder steels, which are good for edge retention but can be rigid. A Santoku knife is a great choice for versatility, however.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-12-01
  • y_2024, m_4, d_26, h_5CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_34684-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product