- ZWILLING ENFINIGY
Many of our customers have the same questions about our ZWILLING ENFINIGY products. Here you will find the do's and don'ts and a list of the most frequently asked questions and answers:
- • Rule of thumb when filling the mixing containers: liquid first, then light ingredients followed by heavy ingredients (example: juice – spinach leaves – banana pieces). Attention: keep the reverse order with the Personal Blender (example: banana pieces – spinach leaves – juice).
- • Always mix dry ingredients in combination with liquids.
- • For safety, please always unplug before cleaning the mixer base.
- • Keep children away from the blender, even if it is not in operation. The device is not a toy!
- • Keep out of the reach of children under 8 years of age.
- • Connect the blender only to a suitable socket; the voltage should correspond to that of the respective device: 220-240 volts.
- • Place the device on a dry, non-slip and flat surface.
- • Do not fill the mixing container beyond the maximum quantity.
- • Do not keep leftovers in the container.
- • Do not pour hot ingredients or drinks into the Personal Blender.
- • Do not place the container in the microwave to heat the contents.
- • Do not insert any non-food objects into the container.
- • Do not lick the blender blades or reach into the container.
- • Do not clean the container with aggressive abrasives or sharp objects.
- • Do not place the device on a hot stove or any other hot surface.
- • Do not attempt to repair your device yourself.
The blade features two winglets at the outer edge of each of the two blade arms. The winglets allow higher speed to be generated due to a slight change in the flow of material oer the blade, which significantly increases the cutting performance. In addition, the winglets provide more blade stability in rotation, which reduces vibration. Due to the fact that "only" two blade arms are present, the material to be mixed comes into maximum contact with the blade edge.
The innovative blades in the blenders offer a unique combination of stability and sharpness due to their serrated edges with piranha toothing: The outer sides of the blade arms have stable, bulging edges and are ideal for crushing even nuts or ice. With the internal sharp blades, even small and fine pulp or cooked vegetables are always perfectly pureed without fibres and pieces, such as garlic, chili or raspberry seeds.
Winglet blade: The blade features two winglets at the outer edge of each of the two blade arms. The winglets allow higher speed to be generated due to a slight change in the flow of material oer the blade, which significantly increases the cutting performance. In addition, the winglets provide more blade stability in rotation, which reduces vibration. Due to the fact that "only" two blade arms are present, the material to be mixed comes into maximum contact with the blade edge.
Cross blade: The special feature lies in the arrangement of the wings or blade arms. Two arms are angled upwards, one is level and one is angled downwards. This special arrangement covers a large area of the container, which means that with the help of the flow generated during the blending process, the ingredients come into maximum contact with blade. The downwardly angled wing draws food that has flowed underneath the blade back up towards it. The result of this blade is perfectly processed foods.
We have the right blade for every blender. What is important is the perfect interplay of the shape and size of the container, the torque of the motor, flow and special blade shape. This ideal combination ensures an optimal blending results.
The blade cannot be re-sharpened.
Both power consumption (watts) and the number of revolutions per minute are not decisive for the force that the motor can develop. Despite the lower wattage, the high-performance Power Blender Pro has more power (torque) due to the built-in brushless motor and keeps it constant during the mixing process, even when the container is full.
The BLDC motor (BLDC = brushless DC motor) of the Power Blender Pro is a brushless DC motor whose power is characterized by a lower speed and high torque. In contrast, the AC motor of the Power Blender, Table Blender and Personal Blender is a brushed AC motor whose performance is characterized by a higher speed with high torque.
Due to the friction of the brushes, the AC motor requires a higher speed to achieve a comparable force to the BLDC motor. Therefore, the AC motor also has a higher wattage than the BLDC motor. In a direct comparison, the DC motor requires less wattage than the AC motor in order to achieve an equally good blending result. In addition, the service life of the DC motor is significantly longer, as the wear parts are omitted.
The high-performance Power Blender with AC motor achieves approximately 32,000 revolutions per minute, the high-performance Power Blender Pro with BLDC motor achieves approximately 16,500 revolutions per minute. The pure comparison of the rotational speeds is put into perspective as the rotational speed of the high-performance Power Blender with AC motor varies depending on the filling of the containers, while the high-performance Power Blender Pro with BLCD motor has the advantage of always keeping the rotational speed constant regardless of the filling.
The production of the winglet blades takes place in Solingen, Germany. All other components are produced by our long-standing partner in China according to the ZWILLING standard.
As soon as the lid is opened during the blending process, the device stops. Conversely, it does not start if the lid is not put on correctly. This avoids incorrect operation – no uncontrolled leakage of the container contents or accidental start of the mixer blade while foreign bodies (spoons, hands) are in the mixer.
Thanks to the brushless motor in the high-performance Power Blender Pro, the blade stops within one second. The blades of the Power Blender, Table Blender and Personal Blender stop within about two seconds.
Error code E2 means that the motor cannot rotate the blades because they are blocked This can be due to very hard ingredients, for example too large an amount of ice cubes, which block the blender blade and thus the motor. To complete the blending process, first remove the mixing container and try to loosen the contents of the mixing container (caution: there is a risk of injury on the mixer blade) and reduce the amount of contents. Then replace the container on the unit and continue the process.
Error codes E3 and E4 mean that the motor is overheating. Therefore, the motor stops automatically to prevent damage to the device. This can happen if the ventilation holes at the bottom of the mixer are blocked or the device is exposed to high loads for too long. The blender should now cool for at least an hour. If necessary, the amount of content in the mixing container should also be reduced. After that, the mixing process can be continued.
Instead of glass, the high-quality material Tritan was chosen for the containers of the blenders: Tritan is half as heavy as glass, can withstand significantly more stress, is cold- and heat-resistant, is particularly robust and does not shatter if it falls.
Tritan is a high-quality thermoplastic polyester (plastic), known from the production of drinking bottles. It is food-safe and free of harmful chemical compounds such as BPA.
BPA is bisphenol A, a chemical compound in the production of plastic that can evaporate. Since the use of BPA is dispensed with in the production of Tritan, this plastic is harmless to health.
Up to 10 kilograms.
The containers of the Power Blender Pro and Power Blender can be used with the same blender base. The container of the Table Blender in turn fits on the mixer base of the Power Blender and Power Blender Pro. In this case, the speed is adjusted to the smaller container.
Lid, tamper without thermometer and measuring cup.
To clean the container, the cleaning program of the blender is completely sufficient in most cases. Warm water with a drop of detergent instead of cold water is recommended. Possible fat residues can thus be better removed. Container, lid, lid cap and the silicone ring may have to be rinsed by hand.
In principle, yes, but take care as to whether blending fruits with kernel is sensible and healthy. For example, an avocado kernel with the addition of a little liquid can be easily pureed. (NB, this does not apply to the Personal Blender).
Yes, with a little liquid, foods such as frozen fruits or vegetables can be easily processed in all ZWILLING ENFINIGY blenders.
No, there are a number of recipes where the blender can be used, for example hummus, pestos and much more. Delicious recipe ideas can be found here.
Individual mixing containers as accessories will be available shortly. Currently, the 1.8 litre container is the largest container in the range.
Mixing containers including blades are available. The blade is not sold individually, as replacement by the customer is not possible without damaging the container.
The Personal Blender includes a drinking attachment for the mixing container, which turns it into a to-go cup, so that you can take the prepared drink or smoothie with you on the go. The individual container of the Personal Blender including to-go attachment and vacuum lid will soon be available as a separate accessory.
In order to receive the extended warranty, the respective product must be registered on www.zwilling-activate.com/electrics within 6 months from the date of purchase. On the website, the customer receives all the necessary information to make the warranty claim.
The devices may only be disposed of professionally and not in household waste.
- • Always keep the lid closed during use
- • Be sure to let the kettle cool before cleaning
- • For safety, always unplug the kettle before wiping the base plate with a damp cloth
- • Regularly descale to maintain functionality and save electricity.
- • Do not ignore children when the kettle is in operation. Risk of burns!
- • Do not clean the kettle or base unit in the dishwasher
- • Do not clean the kettle with aggressive abrasives or sharp objects
- • Do not put your hand into the steam that is produced during boiling water. Risk of burns!
The double-walled housing creates an air chamber between the inner stainless steel container and the outer plastic wall, which ensures that the temperature inside is stored longer and at the same time ensures that the outer wall is kept cooler, even immediately after boiling. The outer housing becomes warm, but not so hot that burns can occur when touched. However, it should be taken into account that all people have a different perception of warmth. Therefore, caution is required when handling heated devices.
According to the preselected program, the keep warm function keeps the desired temperature for a maximum of 30 minutes. Exceptions are the 100°C. At 100°C the temperature is kept for 2 minutes.
Two bi-metal discs shut down the device as soon as there is no more water in the container. This protective measure applies both when switching on without water and when running dry.
The inner capsules of both kettles are made of 8/10 stainless steel.
Both kettles have a maximum capacity of 1.5 litres.
Yes. Both kettles have a seamless inner capsule made of stainless steel and concealed heating element. This enables simple, residue-free cleaning, as limescale and germs cannot settle in gaps.
This depends on the water hardness in the individual households. Regular descaling is recommended.
There is a small selection of dishes that can be prepared in the kettle Pro, such as soups. Delicious recipe ideas can be found here.
The kettle containers are only compatible with the respective base station supplied.
- • Use the extra-lift function to remove the contents from the toast slots.
- • It is essential to allow the housing to cool before cleaning.
- • For safety, please always unplug the power before wiping the device with a damp cloth.
- • Empty the crumb drawer regularly and clean if necessary.
- • Do not ignore children when the toaster is in operation. Risk of burns!
- • Do not put your fingers inside the slots, especially if the toaster is still warm. Risk of burns!
- • Do not put pointed and/or metallic objects in the slots to remove the contents.
- • Do not clean the housing with aggressive abrasives.
- • Do not put your hand in, on or over the toaster slots when the device is in operation. Risk of burns!
All sizes, including artisan loaves, bagels and buns as well as standard sliced bread.
Due to the metal housing and the heat development of the heating elements, the outer wall of the toaster becomes hot.
The safety shutdown starts when the toasting cycle is finished or works irregularly, for example if slices of bread get stuck during toasting.
Please empty the crumb drawer regularly and wipe the housing if necessary.
This function can be achieved by pressing the "ZWILLING button" on the front of the main dial.
Yes, before the first use, the highest level (7) must be set on the knob and the toaster must be used empty twice to eliminate any dust residues that can lead to an odour.
On the knob are the numbers 1 to 7, which stand for the respective degree of toasting. 1 is the lowest, 7 the highest level. The desired degree of browning must be set to the mark in the centre.
Yes, there are separate bun-warmer accessories available. There is a short and long version, each designed to fit the respective short-slot or long-slot toasters.
Apart from personal preferences, the setting between levels 2 and 3 is recommended for the use of the bread roll accessory. If necessary, turn the rolls and repeat the toasting process.
- • For weighing, always place the kitchen scale on a dry, non-slip and horizontal surface to ensure accuracy.
- • Charge the kitchen scale exclusively via the corresponding USB cable.
- • Before cleaning, always make sure that the digital scale is not connected to a device, for example a laptop, or a power outlet via the USB cable.
- • Turn off the digital scale before cleaning.
- • Wipe regularly with a soft cloth.
- • Don't ignore smaller children when the digital scale is in operation. The device is not a toy!
- • Do not place on a hot surface or near a grill or other heat source.
- • Do not load above the maximum weight of 10kg.
- • Do not clean the digital scale in the dishwasher.
- • Do not clean the surface with aggressive abrasives or sharp objects.
- • Do not immerse the kitchen scale in water or other liquids.
With complete discharge, the integrated battery needs only 2 hours to be fully charged again. If the scale is not used, the battery lasts 563 days, the active use life is 62 hours. In order to protect the battery and prevent unnecessary energy loss, the scale switches off automatically after 2 minutes when not in use.
The maximum weight to measure is 10kg. If more weight is placed on the scale, 'Err' for error will appear on the display, and lasting damage may occur. Thus, care must be taken to ensure that the weight does not exceed 10kg.
After 2 minutes of non-use, the scale switches off automatically.
It is not recommended to immerse the device in water or other liquids.
There is no need to use additional batteries. The integrated rechargeable battery is charged via the supplied USB charging cable.
Units of measurement are grams and ounces. Smallest representable unit of weight: 1g / 0.1oz.
The robust glass surface is insensitive to heat, but it can conduct heat to the other components like the battery. Therefore, we recommend not to put hot vessels on the scale.
The glass is made of tough borosilicate glass, but pointed objects or scouring sponges should not be used.
Yes, the tare function is operated by touching the on and off buttons.
Since the scale is a precise instrument, shocks should generally be avoided. The glass surface can break if the scale falls at the wrong angle on hard floor coverings.
No, a replacement or repair of the glass is not possible.
No, only the USB cable is included in the scope of delivery, which can of course be used with commercially available adapters.
No, an exchange or repair of the battery is not possible.
Sous-vide means "under vacuum" in French and refers to vacuuming food in a plastic bag and then cooking it in a water bath. The water temperature is defined very precisely and depending on the food and the desired cooking point. The Sous-vide device heats the water and keeps the temperature constant.
- • Extremely uniform cooking result from the edge to the core
- • Always achieve the desired cooking result, for example a medium steak always remains medium and does not overcook.
- • More intense taste experience: Aromas are enclosed in the bag and do not evaporate into the air or into the cooking water. You cook your food in its own flavour.
- • Healthier and more enjoyable diet: Without direct contact with water and due to relatively low cooking temperatures, nutrients, vitamins and flavours are better preserved.
- • Not only do you cook better, but it's even easier.
- • Easier time management: After the cooking time has elapsed, your food does not have to be removed immediately. You can leave it in the water and remove later. The cooking point no longer changes.
- • Flexible choice of cooking location: saves space on the stove and work surface.
Sous-vide cooking is generally safe if you pay attention to the following points:
- • Always process fresh and flawless food and pay attention to the cleanliness of the work surface and kitchen utensils during preparation.
- • With the exception of poultry, wash your food thoroughly beforehand and dry it off.
- • Use only completely clean vacuum bags.
- • Heat food to the target temperature as quickly as possible.
- • In particular, do not leave poultry in the water bath for too long after you have reached the minimum cooking time.
The basic equipment for Sous-vide cooking consists of a Sous-vide device, for example the ENFINGY Sous-vide-Stick, FRESH & SAVE heat-resistant vacuum bags and vacuum pump. Optionally, you can add roasted aromas to your food after sous vide cooking. For this you need a heat-resistant pan or a grill.
The correct temperature can be found in our cooking tables. On the one hand, this depends on the type of food – for example, fish has a significantly lower cooking temperature than vegetables – on the other hand, it depends on the desired cooking point. A medium-rare steak has a lower temperature than a medium-done steak.
The Sous-vide cooking time plays a subordinate role, as you can still leave your food in the water after reaching the cooking time without it continuing to cook. Therefore, you have a so-called minimum cooking time at Sous-vide. This is achieved when the temperature is the same everywhere in the food. Therefore, it depends on the thickness of the food. A thin portioned steak, for example, cooks faster than a large piece that is to be cut at the table.
Overcooking is not possible with Sous-vide, as the food can only reach the temperature of the water in the water bath or cooking pot. It is important that you set your sous vide device to the right temperature. Then nothing can go wrong.
In order to avoid bacterial formation, especially at low Sous-vide temperatures, remove your food in a timely manner. This is especially true for poultry. This should be removed immediately after reaching the cooking time.
The beautiful crust including the fine roasted aromas can be obtained if you sear your food very briefly in a hot pan directly after cooking in the Sous-vide bath. You can do this, for example, in an uncoated and heat-resistant pan or on the grill.
We advise you against this, as the crust in the bag softens again. Fry it only when your food comes fresh from the Sous-vide bath.
There is no clear rule here: we recommend salting the meat before cooking, as salt can also have a positive effect on the tenderness of meat.
Yes, Sous-vide is also suitable for preparing food in advance. To do this, you can simply pre-cook dishes and then store them in the bag. To do this, put the bags in ice-cold water after cooking to cool them down quickly and then place them in the refrigerator for storage. Afterwards, you only have to warm up your dish briefly.
- • Water protection according to IPX7 certification: Without this, there is a risk of electric shock if the device falls completely into the water. All ENFINIGY Sous-vide sticks are IPX7 certified.
- • Sufficient power (watts): The more watts a stick has, the faster it can heat the water bath.
- • High precision of the device: We recommend a high temperature stability of +/- 0.1 – 0.2 C°. So you can be sure that the water temperature really corresponds to the displayed temperature.
- • Dimensions: A Sous-vide stick is much more space-saving than a sous vide device with a basin.
No, the device is only suitable for heating up and keeping water warm and not for direct food contact.
Oberflächen reinigen: Clean surfaces: For external cleaning of the device surfaces, you can use a damp, lint-free cloth. It is best not to use microfiber cloths, as these can cause fine scratches on the surface. Before cleaning, unplug and let the device cool completely. Never completely immerse the device in the water.
Clean stainless steel case: To remove the stainless steel case, rotate it until the arrow points to the open lock icon. Then slide the stainless steel housing over the heating rods, being careful not to damage the circulator. The stainless steel housing is dishwasher safe. After cleaning, slide the case back onto the device and rotate it until the arrow points to the closed lock icon. The device is now locked.
There is either no water in the pot yet or the water level is too low. The ENFINIGY Sous Vide Stick has a minimum water level. To remove the error, fill or top up the water level.
Water turbulence was created by the circulator in the device. Add more water to the vessel or interrupt the turbulence with a spoon.
The circulator draws air. Add more water.
Be sure to use special bags designed for sous vide cooking. These are heat-resistant and free of pollutants such as BPA. Do not use household kitchen or freezer bags, as these are usually not designed for higher temperatures. When used, harmful substances such as plasticizers can pass into the food. All ZWILLING FRESH & SAVE vacuum bags are free of harmful substances.
Cooking with the ZWILLING FRESH & SAVE vacuum bags are harmless to health because they have been specially developed for sous vide and have undergone numerous tests.
Yes, you can add butter, olive oil or herbs to the bag depending on the recipe or taste.
Bag tears can be caused by vacuuming sharp objects such as bones. If necessary, remove pointed ends before vacuuming. Bags can also be damaged during storage if, for example, they are stored in the cutlery drawer next to pointed objects.
Liquids move towards the valve during vacuuming. However, they must not escape from the bag valve and enter the vacuum pump, otherwise the pump can be damaged. To prevent this, we have developed the Marinating Aid. The marinating aid delays the suction of liquids and gives you a longer reaction period to stop the pump manually. In this way, the marinating aid prevents liquids from entering the vacuum pump.
Do you have another question? You are also welcome to ask us your question by phone at 646-466-2556.
We are there for you from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Or use our contact form to send us a message.