Roast potatoes with thyme
INGREDIENTS800 g to 1 kg of small Grenaille or Ratte du Touquet potatoes
«Fleur de Sel» finest sea salt
Freshly-ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C /Gas Mark 6 Wash and scrub the potatoes. It’s pointless peeling them as the thin skin can be eaten and gets nice and crunchy when cooked. If necessary cut the larger ones in two.
- Put all the potatoes in the oven dish and drizzle copious amounts of olive oil over them.
Salt moderately, season with pepper and sprinkle with dried or fresh thyme.
- Mix everything together and roast in the oven for 30 to 40 min depending on the potatoes’ size. Stir them occasionally so that they are evenly browned.
- Test to see if they are cooked with the tip of a sharp knife. These potatoes become tender but do not go mushy thanks to the skin which becomes crispy.
- Eat hot as a side dish or with toothpicks with drinks or as part of a buffet. If you like add some ’fleur de sel’ to taste.