300 g Nutella
9 sheets phyllo dough (divided)
100 g butter (melted)
150 g chopped pistachios
150 g chopped walnuts
100 ml water
100 ml orange juice
100 g honey
150 g sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F. Brush 3 sheets of phyllo dough with melted butter and lay one upon the other. Coat an 8 – 10- cm/3 – 4-in. wide stripe of the dough with Nutella, leaving room on all the edges. Top with a third of the chopped pistachios and walnuts.
- Roll up the phyllo dough tightly, starting with the filling-side. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat the process twice more. Brush remaining butter on the phyllo dough rolls and bake baklava at 180°C/350°F for approx. 15 – 20 min. until golden brown.
- In the meantime, add water, orange juice, honey, and sugar to a pot set over medium-high heat, whisk, and let cook for approx. 10 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove Nutella baklava from the oven and let cool for approx. 5 min. Slowly pour orange syrup over the baklava until everything is used up. Let chill for approx. 2 hrs.
- Cut off ends and cut baklava into 3-cm/1-in. thick pieces. Enjoy!