4 tbsp baharat
1 x 1 lb tuna loin (belly removed)
2 ounce kataifi noodles
8 olives pitted and sliced
2 tbsp argan oil
1 ounce pickled onions
HOW TO MAKE IT
In a mixing bowl. Mix the following ingredients:
1 cup black pepper
1 ¾ cups ground cumin
¾ cup paprika
½ cup cinnamon
1.5 tbsp ground cardamom
¼ cup salt
Unroll the kataifi on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Roast on 400°F/200°C for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove the belly from the loin and sprinkle the baharat crust on the tuna and let sit for 5-6 minutes.
1. While the tuna is tempering. Turn on your saute pan on high and put in 1 tbsp of canola oil.
2. Sear the tuna on high for no more than 5 seconds per side of the tuna, making sure the sear the outside surface area completely.
3. Once the tuna is seared, place it in the fridge to cool for no less than half an hour.
4. Once cool, cut the tuna into ¼ inch thick strips across the width of the tuna loin.
5. Place on the desired plating apparatus in any configuration and dress each piece with kataifi, olives and argan oil, pickled onion in that order. Finish the plate by drizzling on 1 tbsp of the onion pickling liquid and some torn basil or mint.