One Pot Lemony Chicken and Rice This one pot chicken and rice is your new go-to midweek meal. This quick, colorful dish features classic Greek flavors. Lemony, herby, and thoroughly Mediterranean, it’s a meal the whole family will love.
Jump To :
- 11/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 11/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced into half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 21/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
HOW TO MAKE IT
Season the chicken all over with 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. In a wide, deep nonstick saute pan with a lid, heat 1 tbsp. of the oil on medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook on one side about 3 minutes, until browned. Flip and cook on the other side about 3 minutes, until browned. Remove to a plate. Add 1 tbsp. oil to the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Add the onion, celery, carrot, remaining ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rice and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant and the rice is lightly toasted, 1 minute.
Add the bay leaf, broth, and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Return the chicken to the pan with any accumulated juices, cover and simmer 15 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent it from simmering over.
Sprinkle the green beans over the top of the chicken and rice, cover again, and continue to cook an additional 3 minutes to steam the beans. Then add the tomatoes, cover again, and cook 1 more minute. Uncover, gently stir in the lemon juice, dill, and oregano and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve immediately with feta sprinkled over top.
If reheating, add a little broth or water to loosen the mixture.
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$571.00 $399.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$50.00 $34.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$33.00 $22.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$175.00 $139.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$200.00 $159.99+