Crispy Roast Potatoes with Thyme This show-stopping side from Instagram sensation and ZWILLING collaborator Amanda Frederickson is perfect for holiday hosting and cozy winter meals.
Jump To :
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small pan melt the butter along with the thyme and garlic.
- Brush a little of the butter on the bottom of a 10-inch fry pan (preferably cast iron) and set the remaining butter aside.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly sliced the potatoes, keeping the potato slices together. Place potato slices on a plate and repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Assemble the dish by placing the fanned-out potatoes into the prepared fry pan. Drizzle the potatoes with the remaining butter then a large pinch of salt.
- Roast the potatoes for about 1 hour or until crispy and golden brown. Increase the heat for the last 10 minutes to 475°F to make sure to get those crispy edges.
- Remove, top with a little more salt then serve.
By Amanda Frederickson