Kari Michelle Young’s Beef Chili You’ll love our tall cocottes for cooking all your favorite big-batch cold-weather classics. Kari Michelle Young used one to serve up a pot of her ultra-comforting chili. Using tomato paste ensures that you get incredible flavor in less time due to the concentrated flavor.
Jump To :
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a tall cocotte, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, celery and cook until translucent. Remove vegetables from cocotte and set aside.
- Add ground beef to cocotte and brown. Break up into small pieces. Add cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon to browned ground beef. Cook spices out for about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and vinegar.
- Add back in onion, carrot, celery mixture and stir well. Add beef or chicken stock. Stir and bring to light boil.
- Cover chili and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Season with salt to taste.
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$529.00 $369.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$23.00 $15.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$71.00 $49.99+
Remove from Wishlist Remove from Wishlist$21.00 $14.99+