No-bake quinoa energy bars Mastering the art of snacking is an extremely important factor. You can prepare this healthy No Bake Quinoa energy bar for the weekend and take it with you to work, or store it at home. Quinoa contains many nutrients compared to other cereals, including fiber and protein. The complex carbohydrates cause blood sugar levels to rise gently and you stay full longer. Almonds contribute unsaturated fatty acids, oatmeal provides important fiber, and dates bring a natural sweetness. Just a single energy bar is enough to keep you satiated until the end of the day.
Jump To :
70 g quinoa
160 g almonds
100 g rolled oats
180 g pitted dates
80 g cashew butter
150 ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil
100 g bittersweet chocolate
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add quinoa to a pot over medium-low heat and toast until puffed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Chop almonds and add to a frying pan on medium-low heat. Add rolled oats and roast for approx. 10 min.,
or until the almonds are fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add dates to a food processor and mix until chopped finely. Add cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil to a pot and heat until the coconut oil is melted and everything is combined.
Add almond-oat mixture, puffed quinoa, cashew butter mixture, and dates to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking dish, press down firmly, and smooth out. Refrigerate for approx. 1 hr., or until the energy bars have firmed up.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot with simmering water. Remove cooled energy bar mixture from the baking pan and cut into evenlysized bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate and let cool.