Lentil salad with roasted vegetables and feta cheese This lentil salad with roasted winter vegetables can be prepared in a relaxed way and keeps in the fridge for a few days. Especially practical: The vinaigrette will not soften the vegetables, so you can store and transport the salad very easily. Lentils are not only inexpensive, but also very nutritious and varied. They have virtually no fat and have the highest protein content, making them the stars among legumes. Thanks to their high content of complex carbohydrates and in particular fiber, they also ensure that the blood sugar level remains stable and that a longer feeling of satiety is created. Combined with spelt and many different seasonal vegetables, this salad ensures a balanced, healthy lunch for several days.
Jump To :
100 g beluga lentils
200 g feta cheese
175 g spelt
20 g parsley
10 g chives
150 g rutabagas
150 g celery roots
1 sweet potato
200 g Brussels sprouts
7 tbsp olive oil
50 g sliced almonds
50 ml apple cider vinegar
1 tsp mustard
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp sumac
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add spelt, three times as much water and salt to a pot over medium heat and let simmer for approx. 30 min., or until the spelt is done.
In a second pot, add beluga lentils, the double amount of water, and salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, then place lid on the pot and let simmer for approx. 25 min., or until the lentils are done.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
Finely chop parsley and chives and set aside. Cut carrots into sticks. Peel rutabaga, celery root, parsnips and sweet potato and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Chop sunchokes and halve Brussels sprouts. Add vegetables to a large bowl, drizzle with some of the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for approx. 20 min.
- In the meantime, toast sliced almonds in a frying pan until fragrant, then remove from heat.
- Add remaining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, ground coriander, sumac, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add roasted vegetables, cooked spelt, beluga lentils, vinaigrette, parsley, chives, and roasted almonds to a large bowl and stir to combine. Crumble feta cheese on top using your hands. Enjoy!