Baked Ricotta with Chives At Julia Sullivan's Nashville restaurant, Henrietta Red, the hometown chef focuses on fresh, simple ingredients. In this recipe, ricotta, eggs, and Parmesan are blended and baked together for a gooey, yet gourmet, cheese dip. Inspired by the low-country hospitality that welcomes each customer, this recipe works equally well as an appetizer at a cocktail party or as a side dish with dinner.
- 1 quart whole milk ricotta
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Toasted crusty sourdough bread
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, fold together the ricotta, eggs, Parmesan cheese, chives, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Pour the ricotta mixture into a petite French oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Let rest for 5 minutes, then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the parsley and flaky sea salt. Serve immediately with bread and radishes.