Sourdough Bread Florian Domberger is a baker from Berlin, he shared this delicious recipe with us.
Makes one loaf of bread
- (400 ml) / 1.75 cups lukewarm water
- 21 g / 0.75 oz. fresh yeast
- 50 g / 1.75 oz. sourdough starter
- 425 g / 3.33 cups bread flour
- 50 g / 0.5 cups whole-wheat spelt flour
- (12.5 g) / 0.5 oz. sea salt
- Flour, for dusting the surface
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add lukewarm water, fresh yeast, and sourdough starter to a large bowl and whisk until the yeast is dissolved.
- Add bread flour, whole-wheat spelt flour, and salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Let rest at 75°F /25°C for 40 to 45 min. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead the dough with your hands.
- Transfer to a cocotte and let rise at 75°F /25°C for 30 to 40 min. or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 475°F /250°C.
- Place a deep baking sheet on the lower rack of the oven and fill it with some water. Then, place an oven rack on the level above. Cut a cross into the top of the dough and transfer the cocotte to the oven. Bake the bread for 35 to 45 min., opening the oven door halfway through the cooking time to release any steam and then closing again after releasing the steam.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool down completely before slicing. Enjoy!