Tiramisu with limoncello A dessert which melts in the mouth! I use a homemade, fluffy sponge mixture. If you want to make it easier, use sponge fingers.
For the sponge:6 eggs
175 g sugar
150 g flour
25 g cornstarch
1 vanilla pod
Zest of 2 organic lemons
For soaking the sponge:100 ml sugar syrup (boil 50 g
fine sugar with 50 ml water for 1 min.)
10 ml espresso
For the filling:2 egg yolks
130 g sugar
50 g water
125 g limoncello
Zest of 4 organic lemons
1 tbsp almond syrup
200 g mascarpone
250 g whipped cream
6 gelatine strips
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Scrape out the pulp of the vanilla pod and grate the zest of the washed lemon.
- For the sponge, beat the eggs and sugar over a bain-marie until a fluffy foam forms. Add the vanilla pulp and lemon zest and continue to stir until the mixture is almost cool. Sieve the flour and cornstarch and fold in to the mixture. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 2 min.
- Mix the sugar syrup and espresso and use to drench the already cooled sponge.
- Soften the gelatine in accordance with the packaging instructions. For the filling, put the water and sugar in a stock pot and heat to 250° F. Remove from the hob and beat the egg yolks into this mixture. Continue to beat until the mixture has cooled. Squeeze out the gelatine and heat gently whilst stirring in a small stock pot until it has dissolved completely. Remove the pot from the hob. Add some of the egg yolk mixture into the warm gelatine and stir well. Then add the rest of the egg yolk mixture.
- Mix the whipped cream with the limoncello, lemon zest, almond syrup and mascarpone. Only stir for a short time otherwise the mixture may curdle. Carefully add the whipped cream mixture to the egg yolk mixture.
- Layer the soaked sponge with the creme in glasses or a flat dish.