Warm pepper salad A light evening meal to eat with focaccia or baguette – but also delicious as a starter!
INGREDIENTS6 large red peppers
1 yellow pepper
4 cloves garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 dash balsamic vinegar
Leaves from 2 sprigs of oregano or thyme
For the garnish:A little oregano or thyme to garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature (fan-assisted).
- Wash the red peppers and cut off the tops. Remove the seeds and the white ribs, and depending on their size, cut the peppers into thirds or quarters so that the pieces are as flat as possible.
- Spread the pepper pieces onto a baking tray with the skin side up and put the tray into the preheated oven. Roast for 5 to 10 min. until the skin of the peppers is black.
- The skin can now be easily peeled off. Then cut the peppers into thin slices. Crush the garlic cloves with a little salt using the tip of a knife. Mix the crushed garlic with the pepper pieces in a bowl. Season with pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped oregano or thyme. Leave to steep.
- Wash the yellow pepper, remove the seeds and white ribs, cut into thin slices and arrange on plates.
- Season the pepper salad again to taste and arrange on the prepared plates. Garnish with oregano.