Corn blinis with mascarpone Perfect as a starter or side dish: These blinis, which are made with corn, are quick to make and are delicious!
For the blinis:280 g corn (tinned, drained)
30 g cornflakes
1 pinch of sugar
20 g polenta flour (corn flour)
20–30 g flour
2–3 tbsp olive oil
For the mascarpone cream:300 g mascarpone
Juice of a lemon
80 g dried tomatoes, chopped finely
3 tbsp basil leaves cut into strips
Freshly ground black pepper
For the garnish:Several basil leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Put the corn, cornflakes, eggs, salt, cayenne pepper, sugar, polenta flour and flour into a bowl and mix with the hand blender.
- Form small cakes from the mixture using a ring mould. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, carefully add the round cakes using a spatula and fry until lightly browned. After frying, leave the blinis to drain on some kitchen paper.
- Now, quickly mix the mascarpone with the lemon juice, finely chopped dried tomatoes and the strips of basil leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the blinis with a quenelle of mascarpone cream on top of each one. The quenelles can be best formed using two tablespoons.
- Garnish with basil leaves.