- 2 Romaine lettuce
- 3 tomatoes
- 100 g cucumber
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 750 g chicken breast fillet
- Salt, pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 12 slices of sandwich bread (wheat)
- 150 g sandwich cream
- 3 tsp. strong mustard
- 6 gherkins
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Remove the Romaine lettuce leaves from the core, wash and spin dry. Wash the tomato, remove the stalk and slice. Wash and slice the cucumber. Remove the shell from the egg and slice.
- Finely dice the gherkins and mix with mustard into the sandwich cream. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the chicken breast fillet, dab dry, season with salt and pepper. Wash the sprig of rosemary and pat dry. Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the rosemary and meat. Fry until crispy on both sides at medium heat.
- Toast the slices of sandwich bread one after the other until they are as brown as you like them and remove them. Coat the slices of bread with a thick layer of cream on one side. Top half of the slices of bread with lettuce leaves. Place one chicken breast fillet on top of each. Cover with slices of egg, cucumber and tomatoes and then place the remaining slices of bread on the meat with the coated side facing down.
- To help the sandwiches to keep their shape when cutting, insert two wooden sticks in two diagonally opposite corners and cut the sandwiches in half diagonally. Enjoy right away.
If you like even more ingredients on your Club Sandwich, you can add slices of fried bacon as an additional layer.
Leftover bread stays fresh longer when stored in a FRESH & SAVE vacuum bag. Simply place the bread in the bag and vacuum seal it with the pump. Make sure that you promptly stop vacuuming so that only the air from the bag, and not the bread, is removed.