- 4 slices of multigrain sandwich bread
- 4 figs
- 150 g goat cheese roll
- 40 g salted butter
- 4 tsp. runny blossom honey (e.g. lavender)
- 4 tsp. pine nuts
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Toast the slices of sandwich bread in the toaster so that they are as brown and crispy as you like them and remove them.
- Wash and trim the figs and cut each one into 6 slices. Quarter the goat cheese roll and cut into equally thick slices.
- Thinly spread salted butter on the slices of toast. Tile the slices of toast with the sliced goat cheese and figs.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Pine nuts achieve an intense flavour when roasted. Ahead of time: simply roast some pine nuts in a non-stick pan until brown and store them in a sealed container.
Leftover bread stays fresh longer when stored in a FRESH & SAVE vacuum bag. Simply place the bread in the bag and vacuum seal it with the pump. Make sure that you promptly stop vacuuming so that only the air from the bag, and not the bread, is removed.