For the smoothie
- 400 ml cooled apple juice
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 untreated oranges
- 6 g ginger
- 300 g frozen blueberries
For the decoration
- 50 g blueberries
- Cocktail sticks
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Wash one orange under hot water, dry it and remove some of the zest with a zester for decoration. Peel the oranges, including the white skin, and quarter the flesh. Peel the ginger. Sort and wash the fresh blueberries and decoratively skewer them with cocktail sticks.
- Add the ingredients to the blender jar in the following order: apple juice, maple syrup, oranges, ginger, frozen blueberries.
- Select the Smoothie setting and press the button to run the program. Or blend manually to achieve the desired consistency.
- Once the program has finished, remove the lid and serve the smoothie in glasses. Decorate with the orange zest and blueberries on cocktail sticks and enjoy immediately.
The smoothie can also be made with fresh blueberries in summer. Add a couple of ice cubes as desired.
Blending or mixing in a vacuum offers a wide variety of benefits: It reduces the amount of air mixed into the food, thereby helping to preserve vitamins and produce more vibrant colours.