ZWILLING Gourmet 5.5 inch Chef's knife compact
The premium cutlery pioneer ZWILLING J.A. Henckels has been crafting notable knives since 1731. Respected as an innovator in the industry, the company remains true to its roots: a strong commitment to quality and excellence. ZWILLING Gourmet is the go-to knife for home Chef's eager for their everyday knife to be exceptional. The single-piece, precision-stamped blade construction is lighter than forged knives, allowing for maximum maneuverability. Proudly crafted in Germany, the knives are made of special-formula steel that has been perfected for over 285 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, the blades are harder, sharper, they will not stain or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.The ergonomic, triple-riveted handle ensures fatigue-free cutting. Experience the comfort, durability, and sharpness of ZWILLING Gourmet. The Prep Knife will become the go-to knife in your kitchen. It excels at a multitude of tasks like peeling and chopping vegetables and fruit, slicing meats and cheeses, butterflying chicken breasts, deveining shrimp and much more. The well-designed blade allows for plenty of knuckle clearance when you're chopping on a cutting board yet is small enough for in-hand paring tasks, such as peeling and trimming apples and potatoes. Cooks with small hands will appreciate the compact size of this versatile knife.
- Precision-stamped from a single-piece of Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensure ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Traditional three-riveted handle with a full tang provides maximum comfort and stability while cutting
- Highly durable POM handle has stainless steel rivets that balance blade and handle perfectly
- Centre rivet is laser inscribed with ZWILLING logo
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Manufactured in Germany
- Item no. 36111-141
- Substance: special formula steel
- Type of handle: exposed tang
- Type of edge: fine edge
- Edge finishing: V-edge
- Manufacturing method: laser cut
- Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
- Colour handle: black
- Substance handle: plastic
- Net weight: 0.037 kg / 0.08 lbs
- Length of product: 25 cm / 9.84 in
- Width of product: 1.3 cm / 0.51 in
- Height of product: 3.2 cm / 1.26 in
- Blade length: 14 cm / 5.51 in
- Handle length: 11 cm / 4.33 in
- Handle width: 1.3 cm / 0.51 in
- Blade width: 0.1 cm / 0.04 in
Did you know that a sharp knife is actually safer than a blunt one?
BASICS AND TECHNICALS
There are lots of terms you should look out for when shopping for knives, especially if you’re looking to buy the right knife for a specific purpose. We’re here to help you by presenting detailed information on all the vital terminology and main parts of a knife!
KNIFE BLOCKS AND SETS
To help you choose which knife block or set to buy we created a simple guide!
ZWILLING – FROM THE BLADE CITY SOLINGEN TO THE WORLD
ZWILLING has been manufacturing cutlery and kitchen products in Solingen, home to the world-famous sword, knife, and scissors manufacturer, since 1731. Today, ZWILLING is one of the best-known brands in the world and knows how to inspire professional and amateur chefs alike. Innovative functions, perfect design, and the highest quality characterize all of the products for the kitchen and dining table. Get inspired and discover the world of ZWILLING!