Sourdough Bread Florian Domberger is a baker from Berlin, he shared this delicicous recipe with us.
Makes one loave of bread
50 g / 1.75 ounces sourdough
425 g / 3.33 coups bread flour
50 g / 0.5 cups whole-wheat spelt flour
21 g / 0.75 ounces fresh yeast
(400 ml) / 1.75 cups lukewarm water
(12.5 g) / 0.5 ounce sea salt
Flour for dusting
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add lukewarm water, fresh yeast, and sourdough starter to a largebowl and whisk until the yeast is dissolved.
- Add bread flour, wholewheatspelt flour, and salt. Stir with a spatula until it becomes asmooth dough.
- Let rest at 25°C/75°F for approx. 40 – 45 min.Transfer dough to a floured surface and carefully knead the doughwith your hands.
- Transfer to a Cocotte and let rise at 25°C/75°F for approx. 30 –40 min. or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 250°C/475°F.
- Place a deep baking sheet intothe lower level of the oven and fill it with some water. Then, placean oven rack on the level above. Cut a cross into the top of breaddough and transfer the Cocotte to the oven.Bake the bread in the Cocotte for approx. 35 – 45 min., rememberingto open the oven door halfway through the cooking timeto release any steam and closing againafterwards.
- Remove breadfrom the oven and let cool down completely before slicing. Enjoy!