Details

ZWILLING Pro 10-inch, Chef's knife

$189.99
ZWILLING Pro 10-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 2184.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_673, tr_1511
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 4ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-16-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"16-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38405-163-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"no-color-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38401-203-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"no-color-26-cm_10.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"10.00 inch","ID":"26-cm_10.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 10.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38401-263-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Size: 10.00 inch
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 189 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro Chef's Knife is the workhorse of the kitchen. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing, the broad blade and comfortable, balanced size will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks.

• Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany

Specifications

• Item no. 38401-263
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.63 lbs
  • Length of product: 15.35 in
  • Width of product: 0.79 in
  • Height of product: 1.97 in
  • Blade length: 10.24 in
  • Handle length: 5.31 in
  • Handle width: 0.79 in
  • Blade width: 0.12 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.12 in
ZWILLING Pro 10-inch, Chef's knife
4.9 (2184)
Added to basket View basket checkout

USER - FRIENDLY, GERMAN - MADE KNIVES

ZWILLING Pro is our most chef-friendly knife on the market. These versatile knives were designed to support the professional pinch grip for safe and controlled use.

INNOVATIVE BOLSTER

Unique curved bolster acts as an extension of the hand, encouraging cutting with improved precision, safety, and comfort.

SUPERIOR STEEL

Proudly made in Germany, our specially formulated German stainless steel has been perfected for almost 300 years.

QUALITY PRODUCTION

As the largest manufacturer of knives globally, we own our factories so we can control the quality at every step of production

ZWILLING Pro 10-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 2184.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Cuts root vegetables like butter! Now that I am starting to pick up cooking during the quarantine, I bought this for the purpose of cutting meat and vegetables. Tonight I decided to try out this knife on cubing sweet potatoes - with my regular knives that I have at home, my fingers/hands would get fatigued and a little achy after cutting - however, this Zwilling 7” chefs knife cut through the sweet potato like butter! I am in love with this knife. It makes the job so much easier. I am petite and have small hands, at first I thought this knife would be way too big for me. However, the weight of the knife definitely feels good in my hands and helps with cutting. Thanks Zwilling for this great product!
Date published: 2020-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from My new favorite chef's knife I wanted a "wide" chef's blade just like what I'd seen on TV cooking shows, and though some confusion between Pro descriptions, I ordered this supposed "wide" blade from a major cooking supply retailer. It is indeed, wider at the bolster with a pronounced curve at cutting edge to its point, than my other 6" chef's knife. The new knife is incredibly sharp, is a heavy, but balanced weight in hand. The wider 6" length is an all-around useful knife to last a lifetime. I'm very pleased with my new knife.
Date published: 2018-02-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Super sharp and great for prep work! I chose this knife as a last minute gift idea for myself and did not do too much research beforehand but it turned out to be a smart choice. It's very different from the Japanese knives I'm used to in that the handle is heavier and the tip is more aggressivley curved. I use it at home as my kitchen workhorse and so far it's been great at cutting veggies, prepping chicken, fine dicing garlic, etc. The knife is also really sharp and so far it's retained it's edge well. I made a sheath out of cardboard and duct tape and keep it in the drawer but I'm saving money to buy a magnetic bar thingie for my wall because I want to display this new beautiful knife.
Date published: 2021-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing Knife! I do not personally own this knife as yet, but recently had an opportunity to use it for cutting up vegetables and was so intrigued that I had to find this knife for myself. It cut with such unbelievable precision and grace - cannot describe it any other way! Out of laziness, I tried cutting over a plastic ziplock bag rather than a cutting board and it never cut the plastic like other knives it only cut the vegetable, that was amazing to me. I am left handed and have had problems cutting myself, etc. with knives all my life, but now I found a knife that I can safely use with no worries! I am a fan for life!
Date published: 2017-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect Size Love having a seven inch Chef's knife, not many out there but perfect for my small sized hands. Love the curved bolster which makes it really comfortable to hold, and allows me to sharpen the entire blade. The special formula steel that they use holds an incredible edge, and sharpens easily. Love that there is a lifetime warranty, which to me screams great quality. The curved blade really makes the rocking motion much easier to achieve than the traditional straight blade. I truly look forward to working in the kitchen now thanks to this great line of knives.
Date published: 2020-06-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Phenomenal Knife!! This knife is absolutely beautiful! The curvature of the blade is perfect for moving through veggies, fruits and herbs easily and quickly, while also having the integrity to take on big pieces of protein. The weight distribution provides a comfortable grip if you have big or small hands - I’m 5’2, husband is 6’5 and we both love this knife. If you’re looking to add a workhorse, go-to knife to your collection, this is it!!
Date published: 2021-02-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Christmas gift! As twenty-somethings with a limited budget, nice knives weren't really something I was too concerned about. My old set of cheap knives however, were making cooking a chore. My partner got me a knife sharpener, but unless I used it often, it didn't make much of a difference. For Christmas, I was gifted this knife and the rocking one. I already can tell after two uses that these are the only knives I will use for food prep from now on. They're weighty, comfortable, and honestly seem safer than my old knives since they require so little force to use. And really, with frequent sales and a warranty, they're not that pricey either relatively.
Date published: 2020-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I have owned this knife for over six months now. I saw the one star review, but saw no explanation as to why, so I figured I would give some information to help those curious buyers out there. To give you some back ground: I've been cooking on a professional level for nearly 8 years. I own 4 extremely high quality Shun knives and several other lesser quality knives. I believe, based on price, that people will assume this Zwilling is a high end knife. This knife is actually more of a mid level knife when it comes to professional level knife sets. Out of the package, this knife was very sharp. Very finely crafted and weighted. It has yet to stain, but we have taken care of it. We don't put it away wet (rookie mistake) we never put it in the dishwasher, and we sharpen and hone the blade once or a month or so. It doesn't really need the sharpening that frequently, but we do it to keep in practice. Honing your knives is important. We cook at least one meal a day, and on weekends we're cooking at least 3 times a day. We use this knife for all of our general cooking. Chopping veggies, slicing fat off of jerky meat, etc. It's fantastic as a general chef's knife. It hasn't let us (my wife and I) down. When we're cooking together, usually she mans the Zwilling and I use my Shuns. However, if either of us are cooking alone, we tend to go to the Zwilling. If you want an excellent mid level chefs knife, this is for you. It is a good knife. It will last the average consumer a long time.
Date published: 2017-01-01
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_673, tr_1511
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Do the handles come in different colors?

Asked by: CBoz
Only a few pieces in White, LE BLANC
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-12-08

Can I use my Spyderco Sharpmaker to sharpen my 7 inch Pro? It has a 30 degree over all setting which would give me 15 degrees on each side.  

Asked by: thingamabob
We do not recommend using sharpeners made by any other company. We cannot guarantee the results.
Date published: 2022-01-11

Is this returnable? It doesn’t Say final sale anywhere 

Asked by: Harry20
We accept unused returns within 60 days of purchase. You can review our return policy here: https://www.zwilling.com/us/returns-cancellation.html
Date published: 2020-09-23

What is the POM handle for the Zwilling 7" chef's knife made of? And what is the handle made of for the Henckel's 6" chef's knife, is it wood like my old original Henckels?

Asked by: Miss Icy
The handles in our Zwilling Pro knives are made of ABS, a durable thermoplastic.
Date published: 2023-06-21

How thick is the blade.

Asked by: Ravi
The blade is 0.15" thick.
Date published: 2018-09-23

Does this line of knives carry a warranty?

Asked by: picco007
Yes. All of our knives carry a lifetime limited warranty against manufacturing/material defects. (https://www.zwillingonline.com/warranty.html)
Date published: 2018-06-11

What's the last 3-digit of the model number stands for? I noticed the description says the model number as 38401-203, but the photo of the knife shows 38401-200.

Asked by: BBQdude
The model numbers don't stand for anything in particular. They are used internally for tracking inventory. The 38401-203 and 38401-200 are numbers for the same item that we have used at different times.
Date published: 2023-09-14

How wide is the blade, is this so called extra wide? What is the difference between 38405-163 and 160? I'd like to by 6" extra wide.

Asked by: scyzoryk
I had also been looking for the "extra wide." I ordered and what I was sent was the 6" Pro. The numbers on the box sticker is 38405 and states Wide in small letters. I think the "extra wide" comes only in the 8" Chef's model which is .40" wider at its widest according to given dimensions. The wide blades have a pronounced curve towards the end of the blades. It is definitely wider than my other 6" chefs. I'm fairly happy with my new "wide". 
Answered by: llee_SF
Date published: 2018-02-17
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_12
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
  • questions, product