• reviews, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;
In Stock
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING TWIN 8-cm Knife sharpener
$40.00 $24.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
The stylish, stainless steel TWINSHARP Duo sharpener has two stages to breath life into any knife. The course (I) stage will restore the dullest knives and the fine (II) stage has ceramic wheels that will sharpen, smooth, and polish the edge. This sharpener is extremely easy and quick to use. A perfect compliment to any TWIN series knives. 30 degree sharpening angle.
  • Stylish stainless steel
  • Hard sharpen is easy and efficient to use
  • 2 module positions will restore even the dullest knife edge
  • Full instructions included in box
  • 30 degree sharpening angle.
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Stainless steel
Measurements
  • Net weight: 1.76 lbs
  • Length of product: 3.23 in
  • Width of product: 1.97 in
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8ms
  • reviews, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;

Is it suitable for sharpening Miyabi 5000MCD series knives, or is the sharpening angle not right? Is there a sharpener suitable for Miyabi 5000MCD apart from the stones?

Asked by: Federicof79
The Miyabi 5000MCD series knives are angled at 15 degrees. The ZWILLING Twin sharpener has a 30-degree western angle and therefore it is not suitable for the Miyabi or any other Asian angled edge. We recommend choosing a sharpener that also has the Asian option such as the 4-STAGE PULL THROUGH KNIFE SHARPENER #32602-001 or any of our Miyabi specific sharpeners. https://www.zwilling.com/us/search/?q=miyabi+sharpener&lang=en_US
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-08-13

Where can I download instructions?

Asked by: Billisbudbar
We don't have a link to download instructions, but you can watch our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZ4KX2Q6Rw
Date published: 2018-04-24

What is the difference use between using slot "I' and "II"? Unfortunately I have lost our instructions.

Asked by: Leigh
Slot 1 is a steel for coarse sharpening, draw through 3-5 times, followed by the ceramic Slot 2 which gives the final fine edge. Good luck and watch your fingers!!
Answered by: HarryP
Date published: 2018-04-24

Does it work for sharpening scissors?

Asked by: PaulaMP
The TWINSHARP Duo Stainless Steel Handheld Knife Sharpener is not recommended for sharpening scissors.
Date published: 2017-11-30

Where is this product manufactured?

Asked by: Fenian
Our Twin Sharp Duo sharpener is manufactured in China

If I use the twinsharp duo stainless sharpener, do I need a honing steel also? Another question..do you need a different sharpener for the Japanese style knives, wit a 10 degree edge?

Asked by: TomG
We recommend using a honing steel every time you use your knives. A honing steel realigns the microscopic serrations on the edge, extending the time needed between sharpenings and extending the overall life of the blade. A honing steel does not technically sharpen because it is not removing material. This sharpener is designed for western-style blades with a 15 degree angle (on either side). We make a Miyabi pull-through sharpener that is better suited for the sharper angles of Japanese and other Asian-style blades.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
  • y_2019, m_10, d_18, h_7CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_32601-003, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 118ms
  • questions, product