• (no colour)
YOU SAVE: -49%
390.00 $199.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

YOU SAVE: -49%
390.00 $199.99
KRAMER by ZWILLING 12-inch Double Cut Honing Steel with Grenadile Handle is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 24.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_3, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.9
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_4, tr_20
  • loc_en_US, sid_34956-300, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 147ms
  • reviews, product
Out Of Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Item no. 34956-300
ZWILLING Sharpener 12-inch Double Cut Honing Steel with Grenadile Handle
$390.00 $199.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
Double cut honing steel with attractive Grenadile handle.
  • Double cut honing steel
  • Grenadile handle
  • 12".
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Steel
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Steel
KRAMER by ZWILLING 12-inch Double Cut Honing Steel with Grenadile Handle is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 24.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Maintain your knives If you have knives you should have a honing steel. Honing is not the same as sharpening but it is an important part of getting the best out of your knives on a regular basis. Imagine the fine edge of a knife after cutting through foods day in and day out, before it becomes dull that very sharp edge will become "bent" out of alignment. Using a honing steel will return your blade to it's proper alignment giving you the perfect fine edge use after use.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect for everyday maintenance This is the perfect tool to maintain your knives on a regular basis. This is what keeps that nice, sharp edge. Honing is simply realigning the blade, unlike sharpening that takes metal off of your knife. I generally use this once every week or two, depending on what I've been cutting. The 12" steel can handle any size blade including a big 10" chef knife.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Honing Steel Every Chef Should Have! This 12" Kramer double cut honing should be used regularly in between sharpening. This 12" double cut honing steel a maintenance tool to align the blade’s edge and says sharpened to it's angle. Its purpose is to align the blade’s edge and increase cutting efficiency. It is also recommended purchasing the super-eraser to clean any metal residue buildup.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Pro Level. This is a very long steel, much needed if you are honing long knives. It also have two both coarse and fine faces on the steel to sharpen and hone as the dullness of your blades dictate. It's a very good honing rod; the plastic handle is a high grade custom material that holds up to years of use and abuse.
Date published: 2020-05-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Tool Use this tool regularly for preventive maintenance. It's best to use this steel while your knives are still sharp. This will not sharpen a dull knife but will help keep a sharp knife sharp longer!! This steel is for honing and polishing. Good stability.
Date published: 2020-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Easy way to keep your knives sharper longer This is a great tool for helping maintain the edge and sharpness on your German or Japanese knives. Since this steel is for Kramer knives, it can be used for Japanese and German knives since the steel is hard enough for both types.
Date published: 2020-03-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great for Knife Care I never knew how long I could go between knife sharpenings once I started using the honing steel on a regular basis. I also find that it is much easier to use my knives because they are so sharp.
Date published: 2020-05-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This honing steel is fantastic if you have a knife that’s longer than eight or ten inches. The handle is very comfortable. It’s an easy way to keep your knife sharp and maintained
Date published: 2020-03-30
  • y_2020, m_7, d_3, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.9
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_4, tr_20
  • loc_en_US, sid_34956-300, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 13ms
  • reviews, product

which class of knives is it compatible with? (pro, gourmet etc...)

Asked by: alfred2g
This steel is designed for Kramer by Zwilling styles but can also be used with our Zwilling/Twin and Miyabi brands.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-05-25

What is the difference between the honing steel and sharpening steel? And thank you!

Asked by: b34n
Honing and sharpening steel are used interchangeably.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-04-13
  • y_2020, m_7, d_4, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_34956-300, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 145ms
  • questions, product