Details

ZWILLING Professional S 8-inch, Bread knife

$119.99
ZWILLING Professional "S" 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 57.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_15, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_31026-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 6ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31026-203-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 119 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

PROFESSIONAL "S" are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives' laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these threerivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.

• Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polymer, three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 15 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31026-203
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: serrated edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.35 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.80 in
  • Width of product: 0.67 in
  • Height of product: 1.22 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.88 in
  • Handle width: 0.67 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
ZWILLING Professional S 8-inch, Bread knife
4.9 (57)
Added to basket View basket checkout
ZWILLING Professional "S" 8-inch Bread Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 57.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A good bread knife is worth it's weight. I didn't realize this until I owned one. Good serrations, high quality steel so the serrations stay sharp. A sturdy handle to grip and length. Oh, give me length. I live where artisan bread is prevalent - crusty, chewy, light, tender. It used to bother me that I would get a beautiful boule home and when I sliced it, it became a squashed pillow. Then I was given a great bread knife. Eight perfect serrated inches of cutting brilliance. No massacred loaves and boules. This is the Professional S classic 8-inch bread knife. It is constructed of the of the highest quality steel, forged and finished with laser technology. It will last for decades. Just think all that for no squashed bread. It's really worth it.
Date published: 2020-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Wonderful bread knife! I love this bread knife!! I have the 9 inch bread knife from the same line and love it. Because it is in my other house and because I missed it so much in this house, especially now that I began baking breads seriously, I invested the money and bought another bread knife. And I am so glad that I did! I love both 8 and 9 inch bread knives. This shorter, 8 inch is easier to handle because shorter, though for larger breads, one still misses 9 inch bread knife. Both of them slice breads beautifully, whether soft ones or artisan type breads. So happy to have them!!
Date published: 2023-02-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Classic bread knife Been using this knife for heavy crust breads. Makes a great clean cut.
Date published: 2017-02-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Beautiful and Functional Knife The ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8" Bread Knife is a dream. I've never had such a pleasant and easy time cutting bread of all types. The 8" size is perfect, large enough to cut odd sized loaves and reasonably sized enough to not be unwieldy with smaller breads. Who cares about getting pre-sliced bread when you have one of these? It feels good in my hands and it is beautiful to the eye. Brilliant. I'm so happy with this purchase.
Date published: 2016-12-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Grip! This bread knife is really incredible. Made in Germany with Zwilling special formula steel, with a lifetime warranty against manufacture defects. A little pricier than the one I had, but worth it. Use it not only for breads but can cut through melons, pineapples, onions and tomatoes. Serrated edge stays sharp and never needs sharpeningl. Use this all the time and recommend this to anyone considering a quality bread knifel
Date published: 2020-12-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Done with a dull breadknife After spending years of fighting our dull breadknife we odered our new Zwilling PRO "s" breadknife. Our homemade breads & baked goods now look professional & wonderful-even after they are sliced with our new knife. With our old knife the pressure placed on the knife to cut into baked goods squished freshly home baked goods. Now we can concentrate on the presenation because the slicing is the final step & it is a joy to do so.
Date published: 2020-09-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great bread knife A great bread knife is life changing especially for someone who bakes or buys fresh loaves of bread. It will easily slice through the crust without smooshing it. Pro S is an outstanding knife that's forged from high carbon German steel and made in Germany. This guarantees that it will be very sharp and will stay sharp. The three rivet handle is very comfortable and extremely durable.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great classic bread knife I needed a new break knife. I went with Zwilling because the brand has always meant quality to me. From the classic three rivet design to the forged German stainless steel blade each inch is high quality. The teeth really cut through even the crustiest breads. Its good for other things too like melons, large tomatoes or anything with a tougher outside and soft inside. A great buy.
Date published: 2020-07-17
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_15, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_31026-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 117ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;